Advice needed - stylist wage when saving for a house

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbiel

Reaction score
Hi all,

In desperate need of advice. Im currently working at a salon as Front of house as Due to the owners circumstances I was never given the chance I Was promised to be a stylist.

I went for an interview at a salon yesterday and it was so good! Fingers crossed they will take me on,but they started talking about pay and its got me worried.

Im currently trying to save for a house, and they've mentioned paying national minimum wage which would be £6.70for my age and then 40%commission on everything i take once i have earnt my wage for that week.

For me this would be a pay cut on the hourly rate, and the bank would be more unlikely to lend me a mortgage as they don't care about commission its more your hourly rate.

Do i suck it out and earn my keep, build up clients and put the house on hold (again) and see if they will do i pay review in 6months or look for a higher paid job?

My head is mashed!

Hi all,

In desperate need of advice. Im currently working at a salon as Front of house as Due to the owners circumstances I was never given the chance I Was promised to be a stylist.

I went for an interview at a salon yesterday and it was so good! Fingers crossed they will take me on,but they started talking about pay and its got me worried.

Im currently trying to save for a house, and they've mentioned paying national minimum wage which would be £6.70for my age and then 40%commission on everything i take once i have earnt my wage for that week.

For me this would be a pay cut on the hourly rate, and the bank would be more unlikely to lend me a mortgage as they don't care about commission its more your hourly rate.

Do i suck it out and earn my keep, build up clients and put the house on hold (again) and see if they will do i pay review in 6months or look for a higher paid job?

My head is mashed!

I would rather do what I love for crap money and enjoy my work.

Than work for great money waking up with dread every day.

Banks will take commission into consideration if its regular , my other half is an estate agent where a lot of his income is commission and we have secured a mortgage just recently :)

Latest posts

Back