Advice - New to being Mobile!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope1981

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just wanted some advice really as i've recently trained in beauty therapy (having trained originally as a Reflexologist) and am thinking of going mobile... I've had a couple of therapy rooms, but the rents are so high i'm thinking of cutting my losses (and saving hours of boredom being stuck in a shop waiting for people)...

I'b be really gratefful for your help!

1. Firstly does everyone have a minimum call out charge?
  2. Do you take your own towels, or do you use clients own? (would this look un-professional to use their towels do you think?)
  3. Do you leave your equipment and products in your car overnight or lug it all inside?
  4. Do you find it easier to have a beauty trolley or similar to take all your products in with you incase clients want extra services or do you only take what you need and keep things in smaller bags???

Some of these probably sound really silly i know but there are soooo many pro's on this site i thought you'd prob all know better than me!

Kate

Hi everyone!

2. Do you take your own towels, or do you use clients own? (would this look un-professional to use their towels do you think?)
  3. Do you leave your equipment and products in your car overnight or lug it all inside?
  4. Do you find it easier to have a beauty trolley or similar to take all your products in with you incase clients want extra services or do you only take what you need and keep things in smaller bags???

Kate

Not silly at all hun.

1 Im new to it too so dont have a minimum call out yet but am thinking about it.

2. I take my own towels. I know they are clean then.

3. I take in most of my equipment at night.

4. I try to take only what I need (so you need to be organised), but I do have a small folding table and a four plug extension cable in case there is not a convenient socket, sheeting for the floor in case of spillages, etc.

Good luck. :hug:

1. I've just brought a min call out charge of £10 in, mainly becuase ive had a few people just requesting nail art (and their nails need to be filed & polished 1st unless already enhanced) so far ive not had any complaints about it.
  2. Yes i take my own towels, looks more professional.
  3. You need to check if your insurance covers you to keep things in your car overnight or not, i know neither my car or business insurance covers me so i dont. Some insurance companies have an optional extra to cover for this.
  4. I usually take everything then ive got it if they change their mind or want something else too, but this doesnt happen a lot tbh, usually they book in extras for their next treatment.
hths xx

Thanks guys, you know its always the silly little things that get me thinking!

I was thinking of a minimum call out charge of £20 or £25, do you think thats too high?

Oh and i'll check my car insurance, guess its prob not a good idea to keep things in there if they're not covered!

Where did you guys advertise to get clients?:rolleyes:

Hi everyone!

Just wanted some advice really as i've recently trained in beauty therapy (having trained originally as a Reflexologist) and am thinking of going mobile... I've had a couple of therapy rooms, but the rents are so high i'm thinking of cutting my losses (and saving hours of boredom being stuck in a shop waiting for people)...

I'b be really gratefful for your help!

Some of these probably sound really silly i know but there are soooo many pro's on this site i thought you'd prob all know better than me!

Kate

I have a minimum call out charge of £20 but will be puttin that up next year to maybe £24
I take my own towels, using clients is unprofessional in my opinion
I would never leave equipment in my car, just not worth it
I take everything I need otherwise my car would be full if I took everything, I have a bag for pedicures, bag for manicures, waxing & Tinting, case for nails along with bag full of nailvarnishes, uv lamp etc. bag for spray tans, couch for massage, waxing etc. bag of towels
When I'm doing pamper parties my cars almost full if I have people wanting all different treatments.

I dont have a minimum call out charge but only work within a 10 mile radius.
I take my own towel,it would look unprofessional to use your clients
I take my equipment out of my car,but often leave my couch in there.
I take everything in smaller bags and just take in what i need,but if client wants other treatments at least youve got it.
I advertised by putting posters up in village shops and notice boards,dr surgery,did big flyer drops,put business cards in local florist.

cheers everyone, really useful stuff! i guess i knew the towel thing already, about being professional, its just the amount of washing it creates - occupational hazard i guess!

Love you piccie Marie, was watching gremlins 2 last nite, love that film!

:)

I am wondering what people do for towels, if you had a husband and wife as clients, would you turn around the towels or would you use fresh towels after being used?

I am wondering what people do for towels, if you had a husband and wife as clients, would you turn around the towels or would you use fresh towels after being used?

I would use fresh towels. :hug:

Definitely fresh towels

tbh, I would use the same towels.

for mobile, its best to get organised.
Put all your treatments in separate boxes, or bags
Have them ready to put into car
Don't store anything in car overnnight, you won't be insured for it

prepare for all eventualities

take your own towels

offer to do pamper parties too

Latest posts

Back