Advice on a job promotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joannepaddock

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I really need some advice!

I'm a spa therapist and in my work a Senior spa therapist position has come up, I would just like to know...

What type of questions will I probably be asked or along the lines of?

What can I do to make myself stand out - I was thinking of making a presentation to explain what I would change, what I would bring but is that too much?

I really want this promotion 🙊

So any advice would be truly appreciated.

XO

You're already working there so you should have a good idea of the ethos of the company and what it expects from staff. What is the current remit of the senior therapist? Make sure you can demonstrate that you have the necessary skills and experience to carry out the role.

Find out if they are looking to make major changes to the current provision? Definitely research the market including any competition so that you can suggest improvements to current services. Is it a company that regularly reviews it's services or is it a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' type of salon.

Some years ago I was appointed to a role specifically to radically overhaul the service and bring about substantial improvements. Unfortunately, the existing Deputy was devastated as she had assumed the job was hers for the taking. (There was a history of appointing from within.)
If she had realised what the management were after, perhaps she could have pitched her application differently, who knows?

Good luck!

Consider how you will make the transition from working alongside your colleagues to actually managing them. It's not always an easy process!

Consider what your development and training needs are to make the step up to the role.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back