Advice on a new clients nails please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeymel

Reaction score
I did a Bio sculpture gel polish on a new client today and due to the shape of her nails I was really unhappy with the outcome. Her nails were all different lengths and she wanted to keep them that way even though some were short ant some were very long. The main problem was her nails fanned upwards at the sides as though they were curling in on themselves, the only way I can describe it is like a ski slope nail but on both sides instead of the free edge. I couldn't file them down or she would have been left with a very narrow nail but when I put the gel on it sat in the grooves and made it look really thick and and wide like I'd stuck a blob of blu tack on her nail. Can anyone give me some advice on how best to treat her nails incase she comes back please xx

you could build it up so it evens out by putting clear base then building a nice arch with s gel if you know what i mean (filing where it dips the most) x x

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

I agree with classychick..
The only thing you could do is to build up the zone with S Gel or maybe Flexi gel. If this was in the middle of the nail then you'd do this automatically so it shouldnt be any different with the side walls. You just may have to apply some gel, freeze cure & then apply a tad more, etc until you are happy. I would then file & refine the surface, smoothing things out before proceeding with the rest of the overlay..

By the way are you on the Bio Sculpture Group hun?? Probably best that you ask these questions on that group page as this question may have got lost on this main forum...

Thanks for the advice, I did try and build but thats how it ended up so thick because the ski slope bits were so high. I can't access the groups from my phone :( xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

Thanks for the advice, I did try and build but thats how it ended up so thick because the ski slope bits were so high. I can't access the groups from my phone :( xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

I can only access the groups via my phone if I can on Safari :D

What did the client think of the end result? Was she pleased?

You have to remember that even if the finish results weren't magazine perfect, they would surely look a whole lot better than when they first came in through the door.

I got to wondering to myself about how you could best help this client in the future & wondered if you could apply tips? I know that a lady I used to work on, her nails benefitted from this since her nails were forced to grow in the shape of the actual tip, so effectively the tip had acted how a brace does for teeth.. Just a thought... Not sure if this would work in your case though or whether you prefer to sculpture your extensions or if you normally work with tips...

Latest posts

Back