Advice on achieving this color?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmerz

Reaction score
I'm a recent cosmetology graduate and I'm not working in a salon yet nor have I taken state board yet. When I was taking my cut and color class, the teacher didn't go in depth with color telling us we would learn it with experience training on the salon floor there. I didn't go to the best school either and the receptionists had favorites who they would give all the color appointments to and I wasn't someone who would goof off in free time and hang out up front with them so I got left overs like iron styles, conditioning treatments, maybe some haircuts and relaxers if they were feeling generous but anyways with that being said I'm not the most experienced with color so I'll need some advice so I can try and do my best!

I have a friend who wants me to do her hair. I'd say she's a level 7 all over and her hair is just a few inches past her shoulders. I'm also going to be coloring her hair extensions as well. She showed me some pictures of a youtuber she likes and I went through her channel to see if there was a video on it but there wasn't. I did explain to her it won't be exactly like the picture since I don't know what was used on this youtubers hair or what the process was. What I'm thinking is doing a red violet at the roots to the mid shaft, lightening the ends, and applying purple to the lightened pieces melting it into the red violet. That's what I've got brewing in my head right now. Should I maybe add some violet booster to the red violet to amp it up? I'd love some thoughts and advice from you all who have much more experience than I do. I just want to do the best I can so my friend will be happy with her results!
Screenshot_2018-07-06-18-25-01~2.png
Screenshot_2018-07-06-18-25-28~3.png

Latest posts

Back