advice on air bubbles under tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinklady2007

Reaction score
Hi
i desperately need advice!
im having quite a bit of trouble with gluing the natural tips. i can manage to remove the air bubbles from under the tip but when i have blended it they look like there is an air bubble or is it just that i havent blended them enough. any advice on how to stop them looking like this would be greatly appreciated.

shell :confused:
xxxx

If there is an air bubble, when you blend the tip it will blend a hole where the air bubble was,
is this what is happening ?

I used to find id get this problem. I soon realised i wasnt holding the tip long enough for it to be completely 'set' so holding it a few extra seconds eliminated this problem for me.:) Gelbond is also a fab product i find it easier to use than the more liquid glues. xxx

it could well be! but then im sure i got rid of the air bubble unless i didnt give the glue long enough to set. are there any other tips that are easier to use that dont need to much blending cuz i may try that and see if it makes a difference.
x

I used to find id get this problem. I soon realised i wasnt holding the tip long enough for it to be completely 'set' so holding it a few extra seconds eliminated this problem for me.:) Gelbond is also a fab product i find it easier to use than the more liquid glues. xxx

i was thinking that and i may try changing the glue. i get really annoyed when it keeps happening so im happy to try anything else! thanx for your help hun!!
x

Your welcome hun. Creative velocity tips are a dream to blend. I dont pre blend these tips, so when applying them you can see the glue through the tip on the well, and its easy to tell that the glue is 'smooth' underneath. xx

im def going to try them out! i'll let you know how it goes! x

Hi Shell

When you apply your tip, make sure that you but up the free edge against the stop point on the tip at an angle & then gently roll it up the nail (if that makes sense!!), this will squeeze out any air bubbles lurking!

It works for me anyway!

Hi Shell

When you apply your tip, make sure that you but up the free edge against the stop point on the tip at an angle & then gently roll it up the nail (if that makes sense!!), this will squeeze out any air bubbles lurking!

It works for me anyway!

makes sense to me!!
how long do you normally leave the glue to set before blending because i think this may be what im doing wrong cuz i think they only pop up when i start blending or do you think it may be the tip im using dosent fit the nail?

shell
xx

is your tip to small for the nail?
or is it too curved for a flat nail?
this will cause it to pop up
hth

makes sense to me!!
how long do you normally leave the glue to set before blending because i think this may be what im doing wrong cuz i think they only pop up when i start blending or do you think it may be the tip im using dosent fit the nail?

shell
xx

By the time I've got all 10 on, the first is ready to blend. Sometimes if I've used a bit too much glue then it's still tacky and I'll leave that one a little longer.

They should not pop off!? Make sure you are using pressure to attach the tip as well as glue as some glues are pressure set (gelbond) and need you to push them down too.
Also as Lotus Blossom says - check you are using the correct size tip for the nail.......when you try out the tip at the beginning, if when you press the tip against the nail it makes the nail bed go white/lighten or the corner splay out then it's obviously too small and will pop off.
The tip may have to be tailored to fit by using a larger one and taking the sides in with a file.
You may be using the wrong shaped tip for the nail you are trying to tip too?
If you have a very flat nail then you need to use a tip that has a gentle 'C' curve

hth x

Latest posts

Back