Advice on Botox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzion

Reaction score
Good evening skin geeks, I've just popped over from the "other side" hair on other words. I'm seriously thinking of going down the Botox route as getting on a bit and feel I need to challenge this.
When u spk to beauty pros I know so many are against this but what do you guys think?
Those of you that do it, what questions should I ask, what's a good price? Should I go to a high st salon or a Harley St clinic, Botox party?

Sorry but would rather ask on here as I know your replies will be from the heart and unbiased. Thank u x

Go Harley street if u really want it! There is a facial called miso therapy which uses Botox but its used as a electrical facial n not injected!! It's amazing and not dangerous xx

Personally I love botox I had it under my arms for sweating problems, (I don't administer it) The price usually goes per area which is usually about £75-£100 per area. I also recommend you ensure the person administering the botox is qualified x

Hi! I run a number of clinics around the South. You don't need to go to Harley Street unless you want to pay an unnecessary amount! As long as the practitioner is medically qualified and fully insured. I would do your research ask friends and family, even clients. Make sure you feel comfortable and in safe hands. Prices depend on where about you liv, be careful not to go as cheap as possible as I would then be questioning that! I hope this helps and keep us updated! X
Ps Mesotherapy isn't Botox its tiny sub dermal vitamin injections which promotes skin rejuvenation and weight loss

I would go to a nurse or doctor, not a beauty salon. Costs probably start around 120 depending on how many units you have and probably goes up to about 300-400 x

Hi! I run a number of clinics around the South. You don't need to go to Harley Street unless you want to pay an unnecessary amount! As long as the practitioner is medically qualified and fully insured. I would do your research ask friends and family, even clients. Make sure you feel comfortable and in safe hands. Prices depend on where about you liv, be careful not to go as cheap as possible as I would then be questioning that! I hope this helps and keep us updated! X
Ps Mesotherapy isn't Botox its tiny sub dermal vitamin injections which promotes skin rejuvenation and weight loss

Completely agree with above. I have a clinic in the Midlands. It is really not necessary to go to Harley Street. The crucial point is to ensure that the person injecting is medically qualified and experienced in medical aesthetics. Experience is equally important! Definitely do not base your decision on price alone. "Botox" is an effective treatment option if injected appropriately.

To Add - Definitely steer clear of botox parties and practitioners injecting at 'trade show events' - for all manner of reasons.

can i ask where you get ur botox done for £120 per area? i think this is really cheap. i have botox in my underarms to stop me from sweating and have done since i was 17, am now 25 and it's SO effective. but i once paid £225 for ONE underarm?! is this expensive? x

can i ask where you get ur botox done for £120 per area? i think this is really cheap. i have botox in my underarms to stop me from sweating and have done since i was 17, am now 25 and it's SO effective. but i once paid £225 for ONE underarm?! is this expensive? x

Expect to pay between £400 - £600 for an underarm treatment (both armpits)! So no, this price is not expensive. The use of botox for underarm sweating is considered therapeutic use, and therefore the doseage is completely different to that of cosmetic use, so the pricing (per area) does not relate. Hope that makes sense.

sorry that's the wrong price I get discount (friend) the original price is 220 for one area, it's pretty crazy money (that's a private doctor I go to) x

I charge £399 for armpits and £199 for 1 area, £249 for 2 areas & 3 areas is £299.
You need to ensure you are having a face to face consultation with the prescriber. Always check their credentials with their gmc or gdc number or if they are a nurse who can prescribe their nmc registration details.

Harley street is cheaper to hire a room than it is in Burton on Trent!

Thank u so much for your replies!

Research all the way then.

Thank you x

I paid 250 for both under my arms, but that's because it was a friend that did it for me, (they are a doctor) however it should have been double!!

Hi I agree with the other geeks I too perform botox. I would avoid Botox parties as you shouldn't drink alcohol afterwards for a little while and informed consent cannot be given if you are under the influence of alcohol. :)

Hi,
I provide non-surgical treatments in a number of areas in and around London.

My advice:
Harley street is over-rated and over-priced
Cheaper botox treatments may include less actual botox so the result may not be as good.
Go to a medically qualified cosmetic doctor who not only has experience but can offer you alternative options
Mesotherapy botox doesnt really work - maybe a small placebo effect

Hope that helps.

Hardik

As a beauty therapist I used to be against botox. However, I finally caved in about 18 months ago and tried it - OMG I totally love it now!

I dont go stupid and have it everywhere, just forehead mainly, and it has made such a huge difference to the way I look.

If you want to try it, just do it. If you dont like it, dont have it done again - thats my thoughts on the subject xxxx:biggrin:

Definitely do your research!

Ask to see credentials and check them. Ask to see pics of previous work and testimonials.

Don't feel pressured into anything, it's your face. If in doubt walk away!

be clear with them about your expectations

dont be afraid to ask questions

go somewhere that is relatively close in case you encounter difficulties

i had it done but wasnt pleased with the effect as the lines were still very obvious

it took over a month of calling them and rearranging to finally get another appointment sorted so as to get it fixed

such a hassle

i was pleased with the end result but it was really long drawn out

Latest posts

Back