Advice on Buying a New Wax Heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katet55

Reaction score
Hi
This is my first post, so please bear with me! I would like some advice please, if someone could help me. I'm a qualified Beauty and Massage Therapist and until recently used PhD for my waxing treatments but just couldn't get on with it at all. I'm now converting to organic and pure products and really wanting to try the Moom ProSugar. The only problem is that the pots of ProSugar only come in 22oz sizes and I can't seem to find a wax heater that states it will hold a pot any larger than 14oz. I don't really want to be poring the sugar into the actual waxer, just want to put the pot directly in for heating. Anyone know of a good wax heater that will hold a 22oz jar properly please? I was wondering if the Eggpot wax heater would as it has a 'volume waxing' attachment but not sure if this means that it will hold 800g of wax that's already in a pot or if it has to be poured into the attachment. Sorry for waffling but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Have you tried to contact the people that make this sugar waxing product and ask them if they have a specific heater for it or can recommend one for you hth

A very good idea, I was going to do that tomorrow during business hours but me being the ever impatient one thought I'd try and get some info tonight. Hopefully they will be able to recommend something but just wanted to get other waxing professionals' opinions to get a good perspective. Also wondered if there were other great heaters out there that I'd not considered. Thanks :)

What about the large hive that has pot inserts that you can remove.
You will probably find that you will have to use ordinary wax as well anyway ,because sugar wax isn't always strong enough for some peoples hair, although maybe mooms different ive never tried it.

It's funny you should recommend the Hive one because I just got an email reply from Moom who recommended using this heater because it takes pots up to 89mm in diameter (the ProSugar is 82mm diameter). It's also a reasonable price from Beauty Express (who also sell the Moom ProSugar) and the changeable pots are a good idea in case I decide to do paraffin waxing or, as you say, need to use a different wax for stronger hair. Supposedly Moom works on all hair types, anywhere on the body, but as I haven't tried it yet I don't know if that's true. Hopefully it will live up to the hype. I also ordered some of the L'orbette Liquic Organic Wax from the US (got a good deal, as it's very expensive in the UK) so that I can compare the Moom and the L'orbette. Supposedly you don't need to use pre or post-lotions/talcs with the Moom but we'll see! Thanks for the advice :)

Latest posts

Back