Advice on career needed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemouse

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope that you are all well,
I am currently studying nvq level 2 fast track in beauty therapy and ITEC holistic massage therapy.phew Im inundated with work but I love it!!

Next year I intend to go on to level 3 beauty therapy and spa therapy and maybe reflexology or aromatherapy as an evening class. I really would like to work in a spa, what would be my best career plan?

Should I some top up courses this summer? planning to do hot stone massage,hopi ear candling and some beauty therapy ones? Im in Oxford at the moment but I will be moving back to South Wales in July.Can any of you recommend good training establishments?

The trouble with me is that I want to learn everything!!!

xx

Can anyone help?
xx

I would stick to what you are doing and dont try and do everything too fast, plus its damned expensive.

Plus if you get to work in a spa, they generally train you up in certain treatments.

Once you've got the basic grounding, eg NVQ2 and Anatomy and Physiology with Swedish Massage,you can then go on to doing shorter courses.

I did 1 year swedish massage
1 year aromatherapy
1 year reflexology with A&P
then did shorter courses after that.

Re: spas in south wales
Celtic Manor is probably the biggest in Newport (I liked it).
couple of big ones in Cardiff too.

where in south wales you moving too?

I would stick to what you are doing and dont try and do everything too fast, plus its damned expensive.

Plus if you get to work in a spa, they generally train you up in certain treatments.

Once you've got the basic grounding, eg NVQ2 and Anatomy and Physiology with Swedish Massage,you can then go on to doing shorter courses.

I did 1 year swedish massage
1 year aromatherapy
1 year reflexology with A&P
then did shorter courses after that.

Re: spas in south wales
Celtic Manor is probably the biggest in Newport (I liked it).
couple of big ones in Cardiff too.

where in south wales you moving too?

Cardiff area,Im from Wales originally.
Its good to get some advice from a professional,just looked at your website your list of treatments are sublime.xx

There is a college in London that teaches you all sorts of complementary health thats worth contacting -its called the ECNM Tel 020 7625 7773 :lol:

Cardiff area,Im from Wales originally.
Its good to get some advice from a professional,just looked at your website your list of treatments are sublime.xx
thanks sweetie x

Oooh Cardiff, I lllllooooovvvvveeeee Cardiff. Lived in Roath for 2 years!
Loads of places around Cardiff for you to work in, and theres definetly a few places that you can train around there too. They have a free booklet that you can pick up in health shops and places called AURA. I highly recommend getting your mitts on one of those pronto.

Yes I love AURA! I qualify in hol massage july(a&p and swedish massage) and qualify in level 2 beauty therapy may,Im really busy at the moment.Im doing a fashion certificate with Louise Young a well known make up artist on friday,the college have orgainsed it! Im looking forward to that.
xx

thanks sweetie x

Oooh Cardiff, I lllllooooovvvvveeeee Cardiff. Lived in Roath for 2 years!
Loads of places around Cardiff for you to work in, and theres definetly a few places that you can train around there too. They have a free booklet that you can pick up in health shops and places called AURA. I highly recommend getting your mitts on one of those pronto.

Thabks Medspa,I will check it out.
xx

There is a college in London that teaches you all sorts of complementary health thats worth contacting -its called the ECNM Tel 020 7625 7773 :lol:

Latest posts

Back