Advice on cleaning wax pot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_janie

Reaction score
My mums friend was generous enough to give me her old waxing kit, it all still works and everything but the pot is a bit grubby. She also poured the wax into the heater rather than leaving it in the pot and heating it that way.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the worst of it off? I don't want to waste it, but also from a clients point of view, I wouldn't like it if my therapist had a grubby kit.

Heat the wax pot up and get some wax cleaner on tissues, should come off fine x

If you use wax cleaner first then go over the outside with some surgical spirit, it works wonders for getting marks off , good luck xx

Once it's heated, the wax that's actually inside the pot should pour out. Once the majority is gone, I pour some wax cleaner into the pot and use wooden spatulas to get the thick bits out. They are really good at chipping away at the stuck on bits.

Then just douse bed roll / tissue with your equipment cleaner and get stuck in. Don't forget to wear gloves. Is a horrible job to do and my guess is it will be hard to make it look perfect but it will certainly look heaps better.

Thank you guys! I'll see how it goes with that :)

Alot of wax brands do a cleaner in their product line so have a look see what ur current brand is offering. I use perron rigot and they do an equipment cleaner which is brilliant, its like an oily texture? Ive used clean and easy before now and that was also good, altho that was quite a while ago so dont quote me on that. Youre definitely right to clean it up tho, clients really do notice these things and may think hmmm, if the wax pot isnt clean what else isnt?? Hope thats helps :) ooh yes and as someone else said, wear gloves to clean it, makes life so much easier!

Errr... Dont know why the little shocked face popped up on that last reply! Must have pressed by accident!

I use wax master equipment cleaner, I drop it on if I have quite large bits of wax, leave for 1-2 mins and the wax just wipes away :) if there's only small bits i squirt some in tissue and wipe it away. It's so much easier when the wax pot is warm too xx

when its warm its ideal and use the line the wax is from is better! xoxo

Latest posts

Back