Advice on creative shimmer acrylic powder please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLUSKERM

Reaction score
Hello, i have got some creative shimmer acrylic powder, have used it once as a tip and overlay, didnt seem as strong though(maybe just not using correctly!). Is there a special way of using it , do you need to apply clear over it?
Also can you sculpt on a form with it, as i have someone who would like it and she has a quite a bit of free edge, should i sculpt or tip?
Any tips on getting good results, thanks.:)

Are you talking about the Mosaic powders hun? Like twilight??

Are you talking about the Mosaic powders hun? Like twilight??
yes i think its the mosaic powders , it could be called glimmer! or shimmer ! i dont think it is as sparkly as the twilight. :)

It is mosaic glimmer!

I use both Glimmer & Twilight.

Glimmer is more like perfect colour pink with small amount of glitter in it, therefore it works the same and I use it in the same way, as a change in zones 2 & 3.
No need to cap it.
With twilight, again there is no need to cap with clear, there is a greater amount of glitter in this powder and I do find that it goes on beautifully as a fee edge colour. But can end up a bit thin if your not careful, IMO anyway.
At the end of the day, there are no hard and fast rules as to how you use either of these, and if you feel better capping with clear, then do it.
If I were to sculpt a nail with twilight on the free edge, I think I would use a clear to start to create a base for it.

hth's xx

Yes i thought that i could build up a platform with clear then work from there,do you think that you will be able to see nail underneath the glimmer, as she has free edge but wants a tad longer?

Yes she probably will, but glimmer has lots if little bits & specks of glitter in it, it's gorgeous, so it's not totally see thru.
You'll just have to advise her she may see it, or use a more opaque powder as a base.
Now that I know it's deffo Glimmer you are using, I would not of thought you would have to use a base of clear 1st on the sculpt. Glimmer is not as fine as twilight.

Yes she probably will, but glimmer has lots if little bits & specks of glitter in it, it's gorgeous, so it's not totally see thru.
You'll just have to advise her she may see it, or use a more opaque powder as a base.
Now that I know it's deffo Glimmer you are using, I would not of thought you would have to use a base of clear 1st on the sculpt. Glimmer is not as fine as twilight.
Thanks for the advice, might try twilight too that sounds nice!:)

Latest posts

Back