Advice on cuticle oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pibsy

Reaction score
Hi,

I always put oil on my clients cuticle area after applying there acrylic nails. I also tell my clients that one of the after care advice I give is to apply oil to the cuticle area to keep the cuticles supple and the acrylic flexible. One client has asked if she may use baby oil? I use Young products and it made me think is there a certain something in baby oil that may react to the acrylic? or is it perfectly safe????

Many thanks in advance for your replies

Pibsy
x:)

I would of thought baby oil contains mineral oil or petro chemicals which could cause the acrylic to lift:eek:...i may be wrong but i would nt reccommend it hun:green:

Dont young nails do a rose cuticle oil,i hear it absolutely fab:hug:

Maybe some other geeks can help as im not sure of any more help:rolleyes::green:

I would of thought baby oil contains mineral oil or petro chemicals which could cause the acrylic to lift:eek:...i may be wrong but i would nt reccommend it hun:green:

Dont young nails do a rose cuticle oil,i hear it absolutely fab:hug:

Maybe some other geeks can help as im not sure of any more help:rolleyes::green:
Yes, baby oil is a mineral oil and would do nothing but sit on top of the skin/nail. If the nail is applied properly it won't make it lift if she uses it but that's all it will do.

Cuticle oils are vegetable oils which condition the cuticle and also absorb into the enhancement enabling it to keep its flexibilty and prevent it from drying out as plastics do.

As Cathie says it is a vegetable oil, i would kindly tell the client that it is not the same and in order to prevent the enhancement from drying out cutlicle oil will perform the best and will be kind to the natural nail......

Juliex

Thanks very much people x

Your client sounds like a right cheep skate :lol:
How much is rose oil 4 god'sake :lol:
Im with beauty guru baby oil has so much mineral oil in and is terrible for the skin in general. :!:
I hate the stuff !!!:smack:

I had this the other day my client uses Bio oil is it,asked if that was ok and better then Solar oil i said i wasnt sure but try and find out,i gave her a solar pinkiie as she goes to Barbados today but wanted to give her some advice for when she gets back in september what is best solar or bio? please xx

Latest posts

Back