Advice on getting salon experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitten

Reaction score
Please help me! I'm hoping somebody on here can give me some advice - I'm a bit confused! I'm qualified in waxing, mani, pedi and now nail extensions and would really like to do mobile beauty & nails at some point. I think I'd like to gain some salon experinece first though, to learn from a professional rather than a tutor, and to get my skills and speed up to industry acceptable standards. A few little questions though - would salons normally be happy to either take on a trainee/junior nail tech, would they pay or would it be on a voluntary basis? Should I approach salons, or write to them explaining the situation? I don't want anyone to see me as a threat, cos I'll probably relocate before starting my own ubisness up anyway,so no worries about pinching customers or anything?

I'm so confused with what to do next, I've paid for the VTCT courses with my local college, but I'm well aware that the standard they work to is not sufficient to start a mobile business with the sort of standards I strive for - particularly for nail extensions. And I think I'm right in thinking that I need to have a year's experience before doing the Induction course with Creative so in the meantime I'm a bit stuck. Please help, I just don't know what to do!:irked: xx

Why not call Creative's Education on Tel: 0113 2750433 and explain your situation to them. They will advise you your best options re training.

If I was an employer, I would be reluctant to take you on, train you and show you the ropes if I knew you intended to branch out on your own or if you intended to relocate as soon as you were up to speed. In those circumstances, I would only perhaps consider taking you on for dogs-body stuff with no pay but you could look and learn.

Latest posts

Back