Advice on going mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerrycan

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I've just moved to Ireland about a month ago and after having trouble finding a job here I've decided to go mobile, the problem is I don't know anyone here so am finding it really difficult to get clients.
I've put ads on all the free listing websites, made a facebook page and posted the link to all local buy-and-sell facebook pages but I've only had 2 replys so far!
One of them came to see me on Tuesday for a blowdry and she was happy said she would come back when she needs a cut and will give my number to her friends, and the other one has booked to have her colour with me next Friday.
I've ordered business cards which are due to be delivered on March 4th and when they come I plan on putting them on supermarket noticeboards etc and I live in a big apartment block so will put them in peoples mailboxes too, but what else can I do to initially get the people coming?
I know once I have a few clients I can offer recommend a friend discounts and will get more clients through word of mouth, but it's just so difficult getting the first ones :(
Any advice would be much appreciate, my savings fund is getting low now so I'm getting desperate!
Kerry x

Hiya,

There's s thread on here called "ways to promote your business", if you type it in the search box you should find it, have a good read through as it's got 100s of good ideas on how to promote yourself :) xxxxxx

I don't know how big your new city is or if it's small. You can place an ad in a local newspaper. It really depends on the ad rates. Some are super high, but some are very reasonable.

And play up your skills if you do an ad. If you are great at blowouts say something about that. A lot of girls have long hair these days, but not all stylists kno how to do a sleek fuzz free blowout.

You can also advertise your Facebook business page via geographic location. So when people in your city log onto facebook, they will see your facebook ad and go to your FB business page. Before you do that though, make sure your FB business page looks super good.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back