Advice on hairdressing course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L_km

Reaction score
Hey,
I have just recently had a baby and i’m Currently on maternity leave. The longer I’m off, the more I realise the job I’m returning to is not the career that I want to continue with. I have just done a course in fitting hair extensions but I’m now wanting to do a full hairdressing course.
Due to me having a young child, I’m unable to attend college. I have been looking and there is an online course with icieducation. You can finish the course with either a diploma or an advanced diploma.
I was just curious if anyone had heard of this or done it? And is a diploma recognised within hairdressing by salons for me to get a job in the future?

Thanks in advance
xx

Don’t waste your money. You cannot possibly do a properly certified hairdressing course online.

Realistically, you’ll struggle to get a salon job if you’ve only got your level 2 so you should assume you’ll also need to need to study level 3 afterwards (or a similar course).

There’s a lot to learn and you need to practice, practice, practice too.

Lots of colleges offer childcare support, and some offer part-time day/evening fast track courses so it’s worth contacting all the colleges in your area to see what your options are. My son was 2 when I retrained. Good luck!

OMG. Just looked them up.

What a total scam!
Here’s an extract from their terms and conditions...

12. Governing law and jurisdiction: these terms are governed by the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. The parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Philippines where the head office of ICI is located and at which location this agreement is executed at. The ICI qualifications offered are not Irish awards. They are ICI awards which have achieved recognition from the various industry and quality assurance bodies listed in the ICI course prospectus and website. ICI is an independent global awarding body that develops and administers career-related curriculum and training programs.

Do not think about an online course for this. You won't get enough experience to get a job.

Hi, where did you study for hair extensions.
Also never do any hairdressing courses online, the qualification won’t stand up for a salon job. Most importantly you need hands on practical. There are loads of evening courses you can take whilst daddy watches the baby.

Latest posts

Back