Advice on horrid bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachelturner100

Reaction score
hello fellow geeks ,

I only use this site for nail advice but beins as im so annoyed i thought id write and ask for advice.

I have been searching for a hair dresser who will dye my hair ( just a small section in the front ) I have natural brown hair but i have dyed it black for at least 1 year now ( i dye the black myself ) anyway .....

I went to a few local salons ( some of which wouldnt dye it bright red ) then a friend gave me a number of a mobile hair dresser i gave her a call and she came round to do my hair !

Ok so she BLEACHED the front section of my hair she left it on for two hours !!!! the roots turned a bright yellow but the ends were a dark brown still . She told me to leave it on for another hour , mixed me the red & said to wash out the bleach and put in the red . I asked where she was going her reply was she had to pick her child up from school - and it was straight forward from here on .

I wasnt pleased but she said to call her if there was a problem . I paid her 25 pound and she left . My friend then turned up and said to wash the bleach off straight away , i did and applied the red . Washed it off and ended up with a bright pink / red odd colour . I wasnt happy .

I rang her back she said I must of done something wrong and she didnt have time to come and fix it ............... Charming ...

i dyed it back black ( as it really did look horrid ) now the front section of my hair is really frizzy and dry . i hate it , if i wear my hair up i have to hairspray it down coz the frizz flys everywhere ( not attractive )

what can i do to get my hair back to the condition is was before it was bleached .??????

i would be soooooooooooo grateful for any info . Needless to say i wont be trying to have bright colours in my hair again - think i'll stick to the clip on hair strands.

Hi,

I remember a thread a little while ago where a fellow geek had really dry brittle hair after dying it, I have copied a link below as it has some advice about which conditioning threatments to use!!

http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/57496-hair-disaster-advice.html

Hope that helps a bit, also if you do a search on here for hair conditioning it may also bring a few more tips and advice!!

You need to have some deep conditioning treatments on your hair and get it trimmed to get rid of the damaged hair. Bleach should never be left on the hair for 2 hours :eek: An experienced colourist would have used a hair stripper to strip the black from the hair first before bleaching.

What would you suggest as a treatment Lellipop? What hair products lines do you feel work the best?

What would you suggest as a treatment Lellipop? What hair products lines do you feel work the best?

what would you recommend for this lady JDs ?

I cant offer advice im sorry im not trained in hair , but dont let this put you off hun , mabey someone reputable on here might be able to sort it out for you ,
Im too scared to do anything brave like that lol ,
i keep saying i will get some bright colour clip in extentions cut it to my hair , but never do !!

I would try a conditioning treatment such as Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment which is a fab product. Eraser is a very gentle hair colour remover and can be used more than once to get the desired result. hths

Great advice Lell. Thats exactly what I would do .

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

what would you recommend for this lady JDs ?

I was trying to allow some of the others to do some recommending as I feel I am always doing it. ;)
good choice Lellipop if her hair will even accept condition anymore.:eek:

It sounds as though your cuticle is totally blown open and therefore the only thing you can really do is get it cut.
I know this isn't what you want to hear but in my experience..hair that has been bleached. colored. bleached.and colored again let alone have bleach sit there for over two hours..will not hold any type of conditioning treatments . u can try the conditioning treatments , it may well keep it from breaking off too much and allow for some growth. Pomades will help after blowdrying it to keep it from being too fly away.

Now on to the subject of this professional mobile stylist..
first thing..she didn't know what she was doing. obviously! You do not leave bleach on for two hours..anyone knows that has had proper training in hair is that bleach loses it strength after 1 hour. after that it is just eating the hair and not doing anything else..loverly eh?
second thing..you never just leave a color with a client and leave. Is she insured?
and third....you did nothing wrong .How could you when you didn;t even really know how to work with the color she gave you? The wrong was done when she walked out that flippin door to get her child and left you to finish the color. Good god it is a scary world.:eek:

For conditioning...shampoo hair with a good shampoo.a conditioning one!
Towel dry hair., get as much water out of it as possible. Then apply a deep conditioner as Lellipop suggested...Leave it on for at least 5 mins if not longer..it can be left on as long a 30 mins. Rinse in 'cool' water. This will help close the cuticle down a bit so your hair will retain the conditioner. You will want to also look into a good protein condtitioner such as Joico Kpak.
Good luck

Thanks to all who replied , i will see if i can get some of the products you suggested. I think that she was insured , to be honest i didnt really think to ask, since having my hair done i have heard many not nice things about her . Im so gutted , ive always looked after my hair , i feel its a total mess now . hopefully i can sort it out .

thanks again fellow geeks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was trying to allow some of the others to do some recommending as I feel I am always doing it. ;)
good choice Lellipop if her hair will even accept condition anymore.:eek:

It sounds as though your cuticle is totally blown open and therefore the only thing you can really do is get it cut.
I know this isn't what you want to hear but in my experience..hair that has been bleached. colored. bleached.and colored again let alone have bleach sit there for over two hours..will not hold any type of conditioning treatments . u can try the conditioning treatments , it may well keep it from breaking off too much and allow for some growth. Pomades will help after blowdrying it to keep it from being too fly away.

Now on to the subject of this professional mobile stylist..
first thing..she didn't know what she was doing. obviously! You do not leave bleach on for two hours..anyone knows that has had proper training in hair is that bleach loses it strength after 1 hour. after that it is just eating the hair and not doing anything else..loverly eh?
second thing..you never just leave a color with a client and leave. Is she insured?
and third....you did nothing wrong .How could you when you didn;t even really know how to work with the color she gave you? The wrong was done when she walked out that flippin door to get her child and left you to finish the color. Good god it is a scary world.:eek:

For conditioning...shampoo hair with a good shampoo.a conditioning one!
Towel dry hair., get as much water out of it as possible. Then apply a deep conditioner as Lellipop suggested...Leave it on for at least 5 mins if not longer..it can be left on as long a 30 mins. Rinse in 'cool' water. This will help close the cuticle down a bit so your hair will retain the conditioner. You will want to also look into a good protein condtitioner such as Joico Kpak.
Good luck

Hi there
I agree JDs does a lot of answering , and it would be nice if all the other
hairdressers gave some opinions too :hug:,
I could see what JDs was trying to achieve and thats why I didn't answer either ,

I thought I would wait till the invite JDs had left open to lellipop was answered first ( lellipop also gave some great advice about the conditioning products ) :hug:

Also I totally agree with JDs that the hairs condition will only get better with cutting it ,
and I also know its not what anyone wants to hear , but never mind its a good job hair grows back hey :hug: x

Latest posts

Back