Advice on how to achieve silver/grey hair using Wella products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoohoneyBee

Reaction score
I’m a base 6 and I usually bleach my roots using Blondor with 6% and then apply Wella Koleston 10/16 as a toner. My hair is just so white and boring.

I really want to go like a grey/silver colour but not too dark. I like how colour touch 8/81 looks but I’ve never used colour touch before (well I have but a long time ago when I worked in a salon so I can’t remember at all!)

I haven’t worked as a stylist for about ten years and have only been colouring my own hair, so my colour knowledge is rusty to say the least. I always used Wella during college and in my 6 years of working in a salon so that’s the only one I’m familiar with.

Any advice?

30ml 10/16 and 6ml 33/0 + 66ml pastel developer makes a really lovely grey colour.

If you wanted a more blue grey then 30ml 10/16 and 2-3ml 2/0 will give it a more blue tone.

Remember to pre-tone first to get a nice clean base. This will stop the grey looking muddy/ khaki.

Equal parts 10/16 + 10/8 is more of a silvery tone.

Latest posts

Back