Advice on job in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LillyGoose

Reaction score
I have been doing hairdressing for 6 years after qualifying, I went into a salon as a graduate stylist where I worked my way up to a stylist (hard work), My boss was lovely, and I was trusted to be in charge of juniors, holidays, opening up and closing, cashing up, stock, practically everything!. Then went into another salon where i feel like a junior again, I am 20 all the girls are about 25/27 so I get treated like a junior again, made to clean the floor isn't the best thing!!! between clients on quiet days :( thinking about mobile if things dont improve :( help!! xx:rolleyes:

Aw that's awful :( have you tried speaking to your boss about it? I must say I went mobile recently and wouldn't look back now. I hope you get what you want either way hun x

I think we have all had this treatment some time in our hairdressing career, we all have to muck in on slack moments and that's why we are a team, make sure you are all doing your share tho, if you are feeling a little like a junior then have a word with your boss, just to make your feelings clear. Do you like working there? Do you all get on because I think that is important when working as a team.

out of curiousity, what made you leave your previous salon?
It takes time to settle in to a new salon, especially if you have only been in one other for the whole of your carreer. Give it time. Muck in, but show you know your beans hair wise and perform well with your clients and you will soon gain the repect you deserve
xxx

Latest posts

Back