Advice on Minx, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissGlitter

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if you needed to use a heat lamp with Minx or could I just use a hair dryer?

You are much better using the proper heat lamp , it does the job perfectly and looks a hell of alot more professional too x

Hi,

I was wondering if you needed to use a heat lamp with Minx or could I just use a hair dryer?

I'd go with the heat lamp, will also be so much easier than having everything blow about everywhere x

I would say heat lamp but i couldn't afford over 100 pounds for the lamp and use a 3.99 hair dryer and it works exactly the same. Even the lady that trained me said its fine. I know a lot of it is about branding and looking professional but 100 pound is a lot when ur starting out. Especially when it does exactly the same job Xxxx just

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

You can get infra red lamps for cheaper than the CND one if you shop around, I use one. Never tried their black minx lamp so i can't comment on the difference.

It does work with a hair dryer but I wouldn't use one if I could help it, the noise would be off putting enough on what could be seen as a time for the client to have a lie down and relax. Plus I get minx bits everywhere without any help :D

A hair dryer most definitely does not look professional! I have the minx lamp and love it (worth the investment). We were taught on the course that a hair dryer just doesn't get hot enough anyway. Also, you cannot keep the clients nails warm during the treatment with a hair dryer :-/

There are various reasons why using a hair drier isnt a good idea during a Minx application.
You are unable to regulate the heat which can cause your client serious injury, also trying to heat, apply, tailor your Minx while holding a hair drier is in my opinion impossible and unprofessional.

You will never be told/recommended to do this on any autherised Minx training.
Hths

Thanks for your help. I've just started out and being mobile I wanted to carry the least amount of things. I know if other people that use a hair dryer for Trendy Wraps

Yes other brands do say you can use a hairdryer but minx don't. I use a small heat lamp which works well for me till I test the water and see how popular minx is, I plan to get the proper black lamp if it is popular (promoting shellac at present).

I am starting with a small heat lamp that cost £30 and angles so I can heat the minx and hands/feet throughout xx

Thanks for your help. I've just started out and being mobile I wanted to carry the least amount of things. I know if other people that use a hair dryer for Trendy Wraps
Part of being mobile is carting the right equipment around with you; if that doesnt appeal to you, then rent a space.

Other wraps and copy cats are just not in the same league as Minx. I agree with Klassy Klaws completely.

Minx do NOT recommend using a hairdryer for the simple reasons that it does not work as well nor does it get the job done in the best way it can be done; it is not the recommended application technique from Minx. You would never have been given the duff information you were given by an approved Minx educator.

Latest posts

Back