Advice on mobile tanning (soft furnishing damage)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicola356

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am fairly new on here and am about to start doing mobile tanning. However I am a bit worried about the overspray or air born particles that may settle onto the furniture/walls/floors etc of clients rooms. Am I going over the top here and theres generally no problem or do therapists have some sort of disclamer that they have the householder to sign beforehand so that they cannot turn round and sue you? Also I am seriously contemplating getting an extractor, is it necessary or am I again going over board. Its just I want to get it right before I start going into pepoles houses and doing it. I would appreciate any advice or if theres a template disclaimer for the householder where do I find it.

Thanks in advance Guys

Nicola
xx

I've never has a problem with it. I did a tan in my house for a friend the other day and put the tent up in my bedroom, It would only just fit between my wall and my bed. My walls are white and my bedding is white but there wasn't anything on either of them when I packed up. Just make sure you have the gun set correctly

Ive never done a tan in a room with soft furnishings. I always request a room with a hard floor & very little soft furnishings, i usually end up in a kitchen, conservatory or living room with a leather sofa. I use an extractor as an extra safeguard - i think I'm probably the one going overboard here!!!

Lauraj - how brave are you? Spray tanning next to white bedding!!!! i just couldn't !!! x:biggrin:

Hi there,
I am fairly new on here and am about to start doing mobile tanning. However I am a bit worried about the overspray or air born particles that may settle onto the furniture/walls/floors etc of clients rooms. Am I going over the top here and theres generally no problem or do therapists have some sort of disclamer that they have the householder to sign beforehand so that they cannot turn round and sue you? Also I am seriously contemplating getting an extractor, is it necessary or am I again going over board. Its just I want to get it right before I start going into peoples houses and doing it. I would appreciate any advice or if theres a template disclaimer for the householder where do I find it.

Thanks in advance Guys

Nicola
xx

I think you are acting quiet responsibly here and thinking about the consequences of your actions

If you are using a HVLP system then the overspray...providing you work close to the skin ,is generally limited.If you also have an extract module sited near the working area you should have no problems whatsoever.

Unfortunately in life there is always someone who will try and sue for the sake of simply grabbing money so its also well worth checking with your insurers and taking there instruction on what you have to do so as to be covered fully from there perspective

HTH

Lauraj - how brave are you? Spray tanning next to white bedding!!!! i just couldn't !!! x:biggrin:

I wouldn't have sprayed next to white bedding if it wasn't my own lol x

I am thinking of getting a extractor fan? How much overspray do these actually collect?? I do tans at my home salon. And it is covering everywhere my room is White with white gloss furniture so I cam wipe it down but clings to other things
Too. I always have all 3 windows open when spraying to help!! Any advice on extractor fans would be fab thanks :)) xxx

Hi I don't have alot of over spray as my gun is set properly but I do use a extractor fan am not mobile the fan I have is small but heavy its from suntana think it was about £180 or so :-D

Latest posts

Back