Advice on my new hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm awkward I like the tint effect with highlights like holly willoughby rather than tint all over like Helen Flanagan (sorry only people I could think of to use as examples) as Holly's hair is blonde all over but has a highlighted look whereas Helens is just blonde. I don't know if I'm explaining myself very well here half asleep too xx

I feel like my hair looks like this: ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380148429.011590.jpgand ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380148442.791068.jpg but I want it highlighted like this: ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380148464.293350.jpg BUT in this colour ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380148481.133041.jpg BUT not tint all over block blonde like this ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380148507.906461.jpg

And breathe!!! Lol

If I say this to my hairdresser will I just confuse her. I know what I mean but it sure looks confusing now I've wrote it down lol x

Just say I don't want anymore darker foils you only want light ones- if you were my client I would be doing blonde foils only with a root touch up (notice how all the photos you put up have gold not natural hair inbetween the foils) I am going to disagree with everyone and I have no idea why she would put dark foils in if u want lighter hair,? Now she will need to strip them out or hope they fade. Show her the pictures you put up in your last thread and she will understand. Hope this helps... Wish u lived near me I could fix in 1 go haha

Thanks Hun - I will show her this next time. I think she wants to do it natural how she likes it but really it should be what I like! Will have to stand up to her next time she is a bit intimidating she told another client that her hair is awful and she needs to change the style completely. Harsh!! That's a shame that you don't live near me xx

Just say I don't want anymore darker foils you only want light ones- if you were my client I would be doing blonde foils only with a root touch up (notice how all the photos you put up have gold not natural hair inbetween the foils) I am going to disagree with everyone and I have no idea why she would put dark foils in if u want lighter hair,? Now she will need to strip them out or hope they fade. Show her the pictures you put up in your last thread and she will understand. Hope this helps... Wish u lived near me I could fix in 1 go haha

I agree with you, have no idea why she's put any darker colours in at all! X

All of my work colleagues have said it's not as blonde, a few said it looks grey. I hate it - I want my blonde hair back!

Going to pop to a hairdressers at lunch which is really expensive but supposed to be good - hope they can sort this mess out!

I know it might wash out but I just want a second opinion where someone can see and feel my hair ... also have a few broken hairs never had that before and I had bleach previously!

All of my work colleagues have said it's not as blonde, a few said it looks grey. I hate it - I want my blonde hair back!

Going to pop to a hairdressers at lunch which is really expensive but supposed to be good - hope they can sort this mess out!

I know it might wash out but I just want a second opinion where someone can see and feel my hair ... also have a few broken hairs never had that before and I had bleach previously!

Let us know what they say x

It sounds like the ashy tone is what is really bothering you the most. Perhaps trying a blonde (purple) shampoo to bring out the platinum will help. Just use it sparingly and don't overdo it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using SalonGeek mobile app

It sounds like the ashy tone is what is really bothering you the most. Perhaps trying a blonde (purple) shampoo to bring out the platinum will help. Just use it sparingly and don't overdo it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using SalonGeek mobile app

I would of thought the purple (aka silver) shampoo would make the ash tone last longer..? X

Yeah purple shampoo will only tone any brassiness out so if its used on ash hair it will just keep it ashy, it can go purple if used to much x

It is the ash colour that I don't like. It's also the darker low lights. The ash makes it look dull and darker. I thought ask was light blonde. It's so confusing and i feel like it's my own fault for saying less brassy more ash! What colour should I be asking for. I'm scared if I say bright light blonde it will be too warm and gold.

Anyway I had to work my lunch today so going there Tuesday lunch. They have booked me in for a consultation with the director. Never had a consultation before!! Hopefully they can sort it out. All I want is ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380219262.915187.jpg this colour what should I ask for? I thought ash was right but clearly not. Feel like a brunette now :( (ok I am exaggerating a bit but it how I feel lol) xx

Jut show them the picture and they should know exactly what you want, explain to them why you don't like your hair atm and what you don't want to happen. Make sure you speak up though and don't let them talk you into having something you don't really want lol just stick to the pic! Lol xx

Amylou, just give it a few good washes, then take a photo of the colour in natural light, you could save a lot of money and hassle.

Thanks baby chops I need to speak up!! And I will post a pic after a few washes x

Latest posts

Back