Advice on Nail Products/Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debsi75

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some advice/opinions?
I have done a Star Nails Gel Extension course about 3/6 months ago, I am loving doing nail extensions but since doing my course I have heard not so great reviews on Star Nails products!
I was wondering how I go about trying other nail products without spending a fortune to see if I get any better results. I have heard a lot about Creative, would it be possible to do a conversion course? If So any ideas on prices etc?
My clients seem happy with the results but they only last about 2 weeks maximum before they start coming off.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Debbie

hi im not a top nail tech but!!!! i have used various systems including star nails. I did a creative course and it is definately the way o go with out a shadow of a doubt!!!! I have come on leaps and bounds since i did the course, i learnt things that other trainers forgot to teach. Creative conversion cours is around £100 i believe and u get afantastic kit included which in it's self more than pays for the course, i do believe u have to have passed an advanced nail echniques course at least a year before u can enrol however don't quote me on this!!!

Well love in order to do a conversion course, you have to hold your certificate for 1 year.....thats for the L&P system......... So why not give Creative at Leeds a call............They will give you all the info you will need...

As for enhancements or overlays coming of after 2 weeks.............
Well a main factor for this is, lack of proper prepping.............
Make sure that all non living tissue is removed before you commence any type of overlay or enhancement.........
This is an important part of your learning curve, was this covered in your course????

Perform your manicure................
Make sure that all soft none living tissue is removed from the nailplate – use cuticle remover, use a Metal tool to remove all non-living tissue from nail folds and under the folds.
I then use a little water spray with Creative "Citrusfresh", spray and wipe of debris......

If you are tipping, make sure that free edge shape corresponds to the ‘well shape’ of the chosen tip. .......

Remove the surface shine from the nail plate.
Make sure a file is used on the 240 grit side and that it is used gently and in the direction of nail plate growth.
Eliminate contamination and purify the nail plate layers, use something like Creative "Scrubfresh"............
Use your thumb and index finger to pull the soft tissue away from the nail plate exposing a much nail plate as possible.
Scrub the nail plate thoroughly with a lint free pad and a small amount of "Scrubfresh", paying particular attention to the nail folds.
For Clients who are prone to more lifting then others, use creative"Nailfresh" followed by another scrub with "Scrubfresh"..........
Then let the nail dry and commence with your chosen type of service....
This should put a lid on lifting.................
Hope this helps

My friend and I to completed a Star Nail course about 6 months again in Fibre & Acrylic respectively & we have had no problems with either of our systems/products. One of my clients has fibreglass & she is a Hair Stylist, who is heavy on her hands and my Star Fibreglass nails don't ping off within a week fibreglass is supposed to be the least robust of all they systems. We are both very please with Star Nails and think that it is not the system you use but how you prep and apply the nails and I am sure that other techs out there will agree. :?:

Have you called the technical helpline, what have they recommend? Or ask them for the nearest Star Nails Technician/Salon to your that work in in Gel and maybe pop in and see them at work or for a chat?

It seems a costly exercise to do another course so soon, as you wont be eligeble for a conversion yet?

Hope you can get round this problem,

Hello,

Many thanks for your help & your responces, I'll keep trying & try to get my preperation better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back