Advice on petrol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salzgirlie

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am an aspiring Beauty Therapist and am currently creating a business plan for once I am qualified and mapping out my career.

I plan to go mobile and am struggling to work out how to calculate petrol costs. I will be self employed - not a Limited Company so can I still pay myself per mile and put an expenses claim into the books at the end of every month??

I will be keeping my boring part time job on during the first year to suppliment my income and have nearly every other aspect covered but am drawing blanks on this one.

Any help from fellow geeks gratefully received!

Salzgirlie xx :D

hi,you can claim back 45p on every mile you use for business purposes,keep a note of all the miles you do and add them up at the end of the week for you totaloutgoings in fuel.
hope this helps.
I was talking to hmrc this morning and they confirmed this with me :)

Just to clarify, when you claim the 45p per mile that is all you claim for the car.

So you can put 45p per business mile you do (traveling to & from clients and going shopping for business products etc...) onto your expenses, this 45p covers all car expenses not just petrol - insurance, wear & tear, tyers, mot, road tax etc...

WOW! Thank you so much ladies.

This website is fantastic! I was not expecting such detailed answers. Such a supportive bunch of geeks! lol.

Thanks again. You have helped me soooo much xx :p

Just to clarify, when you claim the 45p per mile that is all you claim for the car.

So you can put 45p per business mile you do (traveling to & from clients and going shopping for business products etc...) onto your expenses, this 45p covers all car expenses not just petrol - insurance, wear & tear, tyers, mot, road tax etc...

Totally correct Baggybear,you put it better than me :)

Latest posts

Back