advice on products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenna

Reaction score
hi, just wondering if anyone cud help me decide what products to use i work from home, and have been using the phd waxing system, but dont find it good was thinking of switching to perron rigot as have heard good things about it, does anyone use it if so how do you find it or is there other waxing brands youd recommend, my next question is about nail products im thinking of going for either opi or jessica, any advice or recommendations?

Are you having problems with the phd system? once you get used to it its really easy and effective at hair removal for all areas. i have just started using the peron rigot hard wax and thats really good too, i use it for intimate areas and facial waxing, and phd for legs etc.
Clean and easy is a popular brand if you are after a roller system.
make sure you gets lots of info and demos etc, as you have already paid out for the phd.

I agree with Eager Beaver - i had probs with PhD to start with, but i went on Ellisons training day (normally free if you've bought the system), and it resolved all the problems i was having. I also use PhD for standard waxing, and hard wax for intimate areas - i haven't used Peron Rigot but i have used Lycon which is very good and their min order value is quite reasonable at £100.

As Rachel said, there have been many older threads about this that you may wish to peruse for others opinions!

I use Clean + Easy roller system. I really like it - I'm mobile and find it great for me.

When I do my advanced waxing training (brazilian etc) I intend on using P.R wax too - providing I can find a safe way to transport it in my car!!

i have used the phd wax system a few times, i found it a bit tricky and i have heard it takes a bit of getting used to

i have a couple of opi polishes and i think they are great

thanks for all your advice, have set up from home and am looking at getting different products, went with dermalogica for the skin care, find them brilliant, i find the phd tricky maybe its just cause i was so used to the pot and spatula that when i moved over to phd i found it bit awkward, i have finished up using the wax i got in my first order so think i will switch back to pot and spatula now, will look into the waxes yous mentioned before buying any. thanks all :)

The PHD system is tricky at first but if you use the different applicators for each area you may find it better. I like the tea tree wax for the PHD. China Glaze Polish works for me and isnt too expensive ,a lovely longlasting polish. Great treatments too in the china glaze long last top coat is excellent does what it says.Good luck.

hey

as for manicure and pedicure I love OPI, I was with a different brand and swapped and havent looked back!!

My rep is a bit strange but I cannot fault them!! The training day I went on was soooooo good, probably the best training day I've ever had. My clients abslutly love OPI as well, they have al heard of it which seems to comfort clients a little!!!

God I sould like an OPI obsessive!!!!

As for waxing I use ABC which is similar to phd and when you explain why its more hygenic to clients they always seem so impressed! I just cant handle pot and spatula - im a little clumsy and put more on the floor than on my client!!!

Becki xxx

hi thanks for that, do u have contact details for opi, i got information sent out on jessica it was €700 for the manicure and pedicure starter kit. so just want to compare it against opi. i did send them an email but got no response yet

Latest posts

Back