Advice on spray tan % for red head trialling products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyndseyD

Reaction score
Hi there, I've recently started spray tanning and am using sunless solutions, which I must admit I love! I want to trial other brands too though and have recently received some Nouvatan samples.
I have a red haired, pale skinned client coming for a spray tan next week and I'm unsure as to use the 8% sunless or nouvatan? I feel the sunless 8% is a very natural tan on my skin (which tans very easily) so worried it may be too dark on a red head? Does anyone know if the Nouvatan 8% is slightly lighter? Any advice would be great xx

Hi

I can't help on which is lighter out of the two, but I am a v.pale redhead & have Nouvatan 12% when tanned & isn't too dark at all. (imo) hth x

Hi I have not tried sunless solutions but can assure you that 8% Nouvatan is ideal for pale red heads x

My cousin is red, pale & freckly lol, I used nouvatan 10% on her a couple of weeks ago.. it looked really nice, not dark at all just right. & she was chuffed with it, she actually said next tan she wants to try the 12% x

That's great thank you! I felt the 8% sunless on my was a good colour so worried it may be a tad too dark for a red head. I think I'll give her the option depending on how she want the end result. It's a good chance for me to test out the nouvatan too. xx

My sister and i are both red heads. I like my tan to look like a glow while she likes it to be dark dark. I find whatever tan I use looks fine on my skin but the darker ones do not fade as nicely. For myself i always reduce the developing time by at least an hour so it looks more natural and fades more evenly. My sister will sleep in it and make it as dark as possible and just accepts that its her choice but it doesnt fade as evenly no matter how much she scrubs.

Maybe ask the client what kind of look they want to achieve. Xx hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I have two red headed nieces, one burns and freckles as soon as the sun hits her, the other takes after her dad, my brother and looks like an Italian after half an hour in the sun.
Both have very pale skin naturally and that's the secret to how much dha they can take.
Do they take a tan in the sun or do they burn the quicker they burn the lower the dha % they can take before they will tango.
Insistently Steve from Nouvatan told me the higher the dha the more likely the patchy fade of, he was talking about the very high dha's and I've also found this to be true with an older opened bottle of tan, one that's coming up to the 6 months since it's been opened.
I've not used any other tan on myself except Nouvatan 8% and I am a person who burns at the first sign of the sun, I find this tan looks golden and natural on me.
If she is someone who burns easily I would advise you to try her with the Nouvatan 8% but also apply a patch of 10& on the bottom of her foot to see if it goes orange, if it doesn't she could go darker next time.
hth

Latest posts

Back