Advice on The Gel Bottle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went from Geleration to the white bottle! But this is an extremely difficult decision to make and also makes a difficult conversation to have, as some get so defensive about it, for what reason I don’t know. I used TGB since they were 6 months old and didn’t have any issues then a little while later I started noticing some issues with some clients it wasn’t a known problem at the time so I didn’t think anything of it but now in hindsight it was the start of the issues. I started having more and more issues on other clients and now I will only use their colours. I use a different brand of builder and base as my overlay depending on the client. There are a lot of alternatives out there and unfortunately you have to do a lot of research understand where and why people are having issues and make your own choices. Hope this is helps.

I went from Geleration to the white bottle! But this is an extremely difficult decision to make and also makes a difficult conversation to have, as some get so defensive about it, for what reason I don’t know. I used TGB since they were 6 months old and didn’t have any issues then a little while later I started noticing some issues with some clients it wasn’t a known problem at the time so I didn’t think anything of it but now in hindsight it was the start of the issues. I started having more and more issues on other clients and now I will only use their colours. I use a different brand of builder and base as my overlay depending on the client. There are a lot of alternatives out there and unfortunately you have to do a lot of research understand where and why people are having issues and make your own choices. Hope this is helps.
Can i ask what issues you have had? I have two clients that have developed onocolysis and I think it may be linked to the gel bottle products but cant be sure. Wondered if anyone has had the same problems. Never had an issue with geleration.

I just wanted a bit of advise as I don’t work in a salon anymore I work mobile and you don’t get the support of a salon environment. It’s just me. Almost every single client of mine over the last 6 years has asked me what brand I use. I just wanted to find out if users of TGB had had any problems with what I had read about. I don’t take what I read on sites as gospel but real life people who use it day to day I’ll listen to. X x
Having the same issues with the biab am fine with the polishes and rubber base but have developed a severe allergy to the biab. If what your using is keeping you clients happy then stick with it - I have found a hypoallergenic brand called ikonicnails which I am going to trial hope this helps x

I was using tgb biab for a year before one of my clients had a nail separation issue. I stopped using it after reading that lots of other techs had similar issues. I've changed to Bio Sculpture Evo gel xx

I am still using their gel polishes x

I have you try CND Shellac? It's a good product as well.

Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking for the past week or so via getting a new digest email, haven’t logged in for a long while, not doing nails at the moment.. not done for a while and not involved in any brands or paid endorsements, just had to say something in this ongoing post.

I am super surprised that pros are still going in for non pro products that cost markedly less and harm people.

At the time I stopped doing nails I was annoyed and here today I’m just surprised.

I have tested them all, and guess who has not tested them? The companies that sell them.

Request the MSDS and you will find untested and therefore unregulated ingredients in these cheaper, fuller products.

I know everyone knows this stuff already, but the known industry commercial brands cost a little more to ourselves as professionals for good reason .. the companies ensure all of the relevant testing is in place, the ingredients are known as safe, there are no hidden nasties.

Opi for example, worked with large company LG (life’s good) in order to bring us a safe led light to use on our skin.. not to mention on the delicate windows to our bodies - our nails ! This investment in people’s safety and comfort costs big. So does the production, the taxes, the promotion, staffing, etc etc.

Working with the public means that a persons safety is in our hands as a tech. That’s a responsibility that is thrown out the window too easily now.

Trends, popularity and cost efficiency is just not worth it, and certainly not a segment of the industry that I’d have anything much to do with because of that.

The gel bottle (as with other low cost polishes) will create onlycholosis with long term use. If the client is blessed, then they can naturally grow it out over the space of a year and hopefully not get any nasty infections with it along the way.. the alternatives are losing the nail entirely, and / or seriously deformed natural nail.

Too many people report bad things happening with this product, as techs we have to listen to each other. Clients safety is no joke.

Stick with known industry pro brands, it is for our own safety as a tech too. Take care everyone x

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking for the past week or so via getting a new digest email, haven’t logged in for a long while, not doing nails at the moment.. not done for a while and not involved in any brands or paid endorsements, just had to say something in this ongoing post.

I am super surprised that pros are still going in for non pro products that cost markedly less and harm people.

At the time I stopped doing nails I was annoyed and here today I’m just surprised.

I have tested them all, and guess who has not tested them? The companies that sell them.

Request the MSDS and you will find untested and therefore unregulated ingredients in these cheaper, fuller products.

I know everyone knows this stuff already, but the known industry commercial brands cost a little more to ourselves as professionals for good reason .. the companies ensure all of the relevant testing is in place, the ingredients are known as safe, there are no hidden nasties.

Opi for example, worked with large company LG (life’s good) in order to bring us a safe led light to use on our skin.. not to mention on the delicate windows to our bodies - our nails ! This investment in people’s safety and comfort costs big. So does the production, the taxes, the promotion, staffing, etc etc.

Working with the public means that a persons safety is in our hands as a tech. That’s a responsibility that is thrown out the window too easily now.

Trends, popularity and cost efficiency is just not worth it, and certainly not a segment of the industry that I’d have anything much to do with because of that.

The gel bottle (as with other low cost polishes) will create onlycholosis with long term use. If the client is blessed, then they can naturally grow it out over the space of a year and hopefully not get any nasty infections with it along the way.. the alternatives are losing the nail entirely, and / or seriously deformed natural nail.

Too many people report bad things happening with this product, as techs we have to listen to each other. Clients safety is no joke.

Stick with known industry pro brands, it is for our own safety as a tech too. Take care everyone x

... have to add, some companies are not trustworthy with their msds. If you believe that you are not being told the truth about what’s in any product, or are refused / ignored when requesting the msds, you can send your own samples of it in to a lab and have it tested yourself.

This process will cost you money, but at least you’l get a true idea of what formulates the product.

The Gel Bottle's MSDS links are broken on their website. I have about 15-20 bottles of their products and I'm thinking about tossing them. I don't get how companies get away with this. Where I work, we're required to have SDS. But even if we weren't I want easy access to reliable analysis because I care about my clients, my business, and my own health.

Last edited:
I’ve just placed an order for 4 biab and the top coat. I currently use Gelish Structure and just thought biab looked better but I’m thinking of refusing delivery after reading about the problems people have been having

Hi, I’ve been using Jessica geleration for the last 10 years. It’s all I know. Recently I’ve been wondering if I should be a bit braver and venture into another brand. Almost all my nail tech friends are now using TGB. I’m tempted but I’ve done a little research and I’m reading that after a while of use it can cause oncholysis and irritation/ rashes up the arms ect. I am happy with geleration, but I also want to keep up to date with trends.
can anyone give me any advise on TGB please. I’m also reading that it doesn’t comply with uk regulations. Confused
Any feedback welcomed x Thank you x
I have this so bad stopped using and nails returned perfectly wasn’t 100% sure so started using again now the condition is back with a vengeance apparently it’s the hemme in the product!!

Latest posts

Back