Advice on this client please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caddy-snips

Reaction score
A client of mine ventured away. Went from long and brown to a "white blond" pixie cut. Instead she got this beauty. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410977945.476958.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410977955.091787.jpg
Anyway I've been and had a tidy of the cut the best I could with what was left but that's a whole other issue.
But she still wants icey blond
She was this shade before
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410978004.585907.jpg
And wanted this
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410978020.421319.jpg

What in trying to ask is, I was going to bleach and tone, her hair is really quite healthy and very thick so condition isn't an issue but can I achieve this shade realistically, I want to get this right for her. I usually use 10/16 as my go to toner which would be nice but not this result.
Any ideas? Any colour house is fine, personally I use wella but will use whatever will do the best job.
Thanks if you read this far x

A client of mine ventured away. Went from long and brown to a "white blond" pixie cut. Instead she got this beauty. View attachment 75133
View attachment 75134
Anyway I've been and had a tidy of the cut the best I could with what was left but that's a whole other issue.
But she still wants icey blond
She was this shade before
View attachment 75135
And wanted this
View attachment 75136

What in trying to ask is, I was going to bleach and tone, her hair is really quite healthy and very thick so condition isn't an issue but can I achieve this shade realistically, I want to get this right for her. I usually use 10/16 as my go to toner which would be nice but not this result.
Any ideas? Any colour house is fine, personally I use wella but will use whatever will do the best job.
Thanks if you read this far x

Have you tried 10/6 in colour touch? Or 9/60 in illumina? What's her natural depth? X

I'd say her natural is a 5 maybe a 6.
No I haven't tried it. Normally I'd take a strand test, but there's nothing left to take! X

Have you tried 10/6 in colour touch? Or 9/60 in illumina? What's her natural depth? X

9/60 in illumina is a beauty. If you're worried about overtone add some 10/

I'd say her natural is a 5 maybe a 6.
No I haven't tried it. Normally I'd take a strand test, but there's nothing left to take! X

Was going to say you could use highlift but if she's a 5 then no it'd have to be bleach or the result won't be clean. 9/60 is like my go to toner it's so powerful x

It might be that because her tips were coloured before that even after a second bleaching the ends just get a salmon whitish colour. Ever thought about that? Anyways in L'oréal I'd use Dia light in 9.01 mixed with 9.11 to get a strong grey to hold on really well.
In Schwarzkopf Blonde Me I'd try Steel Blue and Ice but more Ice than Steel :)

It looks like it needs bleaching again to me! Very yellow which indicates maybe not even a level 9.

Yeah I would re-bleach it. It's still a little bit too dark and she already has regrowth around the hairline?!
Then I would go in with a 10V colour sync toner in Matrix x

8/81 colour touch?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

8/81 colour touch?

After its lifted correctly obviously

Re bleach & 9/60 illumina :)

I think the OP already planned to lighten it a bit more as she stated that on the opening post, lol.

She just wanted some toning ideas for platinum.

Suggest 10/8 Wella?

I'd lift it just a little bit more, then use 10/69 in illumina, gives a glossy finish, and an ice cold colour :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I think the OP already planned to lighten it a bit more as she stated that on the opening post, lol.

She just wanted some toning ideas for platinum.

Suggest 10/8 Wella?

Yes I definatly have planned to bleach again, all I really wanted to know was some different ideas for toning. Thanks everyone x

Does 9/60 tone quickly as in, I need to develop visually rather than leave for a definite amount of time.
I've not used illumina yet, I think I remember someone saying it turns quickly x

Does 9/60 tone quickly as in, I need to develop visually rather than leave for a definite amount of time.
I've not used illumina yet, I think I remember someone saying it turns quickly x

Yes, apply really quick like a conditioner but still making sure you cover everywhere. I think all toners need to be developed visually x

Agree with pancakes. Lift and tone with dia light 9.01 and 9.11. Will give a really strong grey tone

Dilute with some 9/ or 10/ if you're worried

Thanks everyone really helpful, just nice to have a second, and third opinion for reassurance x

Thanks everyone really helpful, just nice to have a second, and third opinion for reassurance x

And 4th, 5th, 6th... Hahaha x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back