Advice on this nail art: possible with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

A client of mine has just sent me this pic asking whether I am able to do it with Shellac.

I dont do too much nail art so any advice would be welcome! How woudl you go about doing this??

Also I usually charge extra for Rockstar by £1 per digit and from 50p with nail art but wouldnt be sure what to charge here. Looks like a messy/time consuming job!

Thankyou

Attachments

lauraj

Reaction score
I don't know if it's possible with shellac because I don't do it but I just wanted to say thanks for posting the pic I might have a go at that x

nicole333

Reaction score
The Fingernail fixer does some art with Shellac and sponges on her youtube channel. Why don't you have a look and see if you can adapt it?

MissOwen

Reaction score
Yes, but dont do it like that. The amount of shellac splodged on the skin isnt great for over exposure.

I do it with gelish by doing base coat, cure, first lighter colour all over the nail, cure, 2nd coat, cure, then paint the darker colour on about a 3rd of the nail at the free edge. Take a small piece of sponge and dab at the line between the two colours to blend one into the other, cure, top coat and cure.

You'll have to have a little play around with how much you dab at the colour to get the effect you need but its a nice effect when finished :D

gr8nailz

Reaction score
Here's Fingernailfixer's video. You can adapt the technique to fit the look you're trying to achieve. I love the fade.

Shellac Sponge Art - YouTube

Tracyjayne

Reaction score
What kind of sponge do use? X

gr8nailz

Reaction score
A makeup sponge is perfect.

Zooks

Reaction score
What a helpful bunch you Geeks are, thankyou ;)

Ill have a looksy. Any ideas on pricing? Would you charge as for nail art I take it?

Thanks again.

gr8nailz

Reaction score
Depending on how intricate the nail art, it can range anywhere from 50 cents to $5 per nail.

If I'm just putting a gem on a nail...50 cents. But if I'm doing Shellac layering with cut-away/glitter fade/foil and gems...$5 per nail.

loveday

Reaction score
Lilmissbuffit kindly shared her YouTube video showing how do Shellac fade.

I can't seem to get the link on here, but just go on YouTube and do a search for 'Shellac fade'. :)

deanosnana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score

Latest posts