Advice on this nail art: possible with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

A client of mine has just sent me this pic asking whether I am able to do it with Shellac.

I dont do too much nail art so any advice would be welcome! How woudl you go about doing this??

Also I usually charge extra for Rockstar by £1 per digit and from 50p with nail art but wouldnt be sure what to charge here. Looks like a messy/time consuming job!

Thankyou

Attachments

• Blending nails.jpg
    Blending nails.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 45,120
I don't know if it's possible with shellac because I don't do it but I just wanted to say thanks for posting the pic I might have a go at that x

The Fingernail fixer does some art with Shellac and sponges on her youtube channel. Why don't you have a look and see if you can adapt it?

Yes, but dont do it like that. The amount of shellac splodged on the skin isnt great for over exposure.

I do it with gelish by doing base coat, cure, first lighter colour all over the nail, cure, 2nd coat, cure, then paint the darker colour on about a 3rd of the nail at the free edge. Take a small piece of sponge and dab at the line between the two colours to blend one into the other, cure, top coat and cure.

You'll have to have a little play around with how much you dab at the colour to get the effect you need but its a nice effect when finished :D

Here's Fingernailfixer's video. You can adapt the technique to fit the look you're trying to achieve. I love the fade.

Shellac Sponge Art - YouTube

What kind of sponge do use? X

A makeup sponge is perfect.

What a helpful bunch you Geeks are, thankyou ;)

Ill have a looksy. Any ideas on pricing? Would you charge as for nail art I take it?

Thanks again.

Depending on how intricate the nail art, it can range anywhere from 50 cents to $5 per nail.

If I'm just putting a gem on a nail...50 cents. But if I'm doing Shellac layering with cut-away/glitter fade/foil and gems...$5 per nail.

Lilmissbuffit kindly shared her YouTube video showing how do Shellac fade.

I can't seem to get the link on here, but just go on YouTube and do a search for 'Shellac fade'. :)

Latest posts

Back