Advice on using CND Shellac for a student

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsmac

Reaction score

So I have a question and am hoping some Aussie girls may have advice. I start class in two weeks (yay!) and I received my list of tools/products to buy to practice with. My issue is that the products suggested for gel nail polish isn’t one that I would like to continue with. It’s a generic brand (called fanci nails I think), and after doing my research I have decided that I would prefer to use CND (once certified of course)

Its been suggested we consider buying the base and top coat and one or two colours (one dark and one light) to practice with. My local salon supplies place is very good and is suggesting I attend their CND training sessions as soon as they start up again for 2013.

Am I doing the right thing by buying a better quality product, or is it not “CND Kosher” to be using the products until I qualify fully and have done the training. (I would be buying only what's required and from the authorised distributor if that helps)

I don’t want to offend all the other lovely ladies in the industry in my local area and further afield by doing the wrong thing. We’re a small crew inmy town and I want to make sure I don’t ruin my rep before I have even started, but I havent heard great things about the product they are suggesting.

if its not the right thing to do then please also let me know and I will perservere with their suggestion.

Any advice you coudl give me would be brilliant.

So I have a question and am hoping some Aussie girls may have advice. I start class in two weeks (yay!) and I received my list of tools/products to buy to practice with. My issue is that the products suggested for gel nail polish isn’t one that I would like to continue with. It’s a generic brand (called fanci nails I think), and after doing my research I have decided that I would prefer to use CND (once certified of course)

Its been suggested we consider buying the base and top coat and one or two colours (one dark and one light) to practice with. My local salon supplies place is very good and is suggesting I attend their CND training sessions as soon as they start up again for 2013.

Am I doing the right thing by buying a better quality product, or is it not “CND Kosher” to be using the products until I qualify fully and have done the training. (I would be buying only what's required and from the authorised distributor if that helps)

I don’t want to offend all the other lovely ladies in the industry in my local area and further afield by doing the wrong thing. We’re a small crew inmy town and I want to make sure I don’t ruin my rep before I have even started, but I havent heard great things about the product they are suggesting.

if its not the right thing to do then please also let me know and I will perservere with their suggestion.

Any advice you coudl give me would be brilliant.

CND normally insist on a manicure certificate before selling Shellac ... However if you are wanting a bit of kit to do a training course (or if you do Shellac training at the distributor location) then I don't see why that would not be acceptable to your as long as the 'kit' includes the CND UV Lamp. Your Shellac for the course won't be any good without the lamp.

Latest posts

Back