Advice please ❤️

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pev99

Reaction score
please can I have some advice on how to politely word this to a client basically I’ve been doing this clients hair for a long lovely lady but this last year she has been driving me slowly Mad lol She had a drastic change A while ago where she went from blonde to a rich copper looked lovely was happy months later decided to go back blonde so obviously we’ve done it gradually and managed to get it back to blonde hi lights, with just building highlights and toning. she straightens her hair every day so I’ve had to be really careful when turning her back,Shes back in a couple of weeks I feel like we’ve just got her hair back to normal really after its gone through the stages of going back to blonde and it’s starting to look a lot more healthy,And then late last night I receive a text from her I haven’t replied yet 🙈 i’m happy about making her hair darker for her if that’s what she wants but I know she’s not going to stay that colour and I don’t think her hair is up to the condition where we can keep going from light to dark all the time really don’t feel comfortable dying her hair darker knowing that I’m going to have to put it back to blonde in a few months where I’ve just recovered it I just think it’s going to damage her hair too much, just wondering how do I word that professionally without offending her, she’s written on the text message if you think my hair is strong enough to go back blonde but I know when she wants to go back for lunch she’ll put me under so much pressure to take her back blonde and it will be a really uncomfortable experience for me 😂 I think the fact that she’s thinking about going back blonde already and we haven’t even put the dark on yet tells me she’s not going to be happy, what’s everyone’s thoughts on how to approach this Thank you

Attachments

• A542FF72-8C31-4393-835E-1659A40E8632.jpeg
    A542FF72-8C31-4393-835E-1659A40E8632.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I’d tell her that her hair has taken months to regain the strength it’s at now and that going dark wouldn’t be a problem, but going back to blonde would be as she’d be back to square one as far as the health and condition of her hair.

Thank you 😊 xX

I would definitely try to manage her expectations. She needs to understand that it's not like painting a wall. I would just welcome the idea , but express your concerns about the condition of the hair in the future if she was to go back to blonde.
This way it's an informed decision on her behalf and you're educating her slightly too.
Is there a possibility that you could use temporary colours , or if she's only doing it to "try it out" then a pigmented mask would be ideal. This way when she's fed up , she can just stop using it , use a deep cleansing shampoo and slowly remove excess pigment which will minimise damage and leave you with a much lighter base to start with.
Other option would be to use regular demi perm colour (as there's no need for permanent) and then when she wants a change use a good colour remover. This will again remove a fair chunk of the pigments with minimal damage. Which will leave you in a decent position to start lightening the hair. Hope this helps.

Thank you she’s in tonight,I was thinking that.I’m going to suggest a semipermanent colour to try it first Xx

I think the fact that she’s thinking about going back blonde already and we haven’t even put the dark on yet tells me she’s not going to be happy,
Tell her this, it's simply and she will understand

Latest posts

Back