Advice please - bleach gone orange!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no problem, try also not washing your hair as often and limit the amount of heat used till you build up the condition, i swear by macadamia oil why didnt you like it.

It left tiny white flakes in my hair strands even though i only used a tiny drop or two rubbed into my palms them through my hair. My daughter got on great with it but it just didn't agree with me which was disappointing. I'm hoping I won't have the same problem with the argan oil. The last two occasions I've washed my hair I've used "unique one" as that's supposed to prevent heat damage amongst other things and then I've just lightly dried it and set it on Velcro rollers.

wella colour fresh the toner you are about, Wella retails this in salon our rep encourages us too xxx

So is it something I could try if it starts looking orangey again?
Would I be able to get it in capital?

macadamia oil is made up from macadamia oil and argan oil.anyways hope you get the shampoo and helps, and toner lasts longer x

Yes you should be able to get it in capital, i retail it too. Great for my platinum and red clients especially. Keeps hair refreshed between clients.
I have been on a wella course recently and they highly recommend it!

Yes you should be able to get it in capital, i retail it too. Great for my platinum and red clients especially. Keeps hair refreshed between clients.
I have been on a wella course recently and they highly recommend it!

Hi looked in capital today and they only do a revlon one or a loreal one. What is the full name of the wella one please? Is it like a semi permanent dye? My highlights are caramel colour on a dark brown base so it would just work on the highlights wouldn't it? Thanks for all your help xx

It's called Colourfresh by Wella. It is what they call their true semi permanent. There is a silver range that works as a toner, have a look on the wella website.

It's called Colourfresh by Wella. It is what they call their true semi permanent. There is a silver range that works as a toner, have a look on the wella website.

That's great, thankyou. I nearly picked up a sulfate free "silverising" shampoo for blonde hair today but was worried it would be too grey looking! Would I have been ok with a silverising shampoo then? Would I need a silver toner in the wella product then?

You will still need a sulfate free shampoo to help the life of your color...over toning your hair will lead to damage and an odd shade of highlights( green, gray, or purple) I love Lanza color care shampoo and conditioner! Also I would suggest to wash your hair in cold water or as cool as you can stand...heat opens the hair cuticle and allows the color molecules to be washed out...it's kind of like the same concept of washing your bright colored clothes in cold water to keep them bright and from fading.

My advice is to have another set of highlights but just half head where the last foils was applied if u r happy with the underneath colour then it just shows the top half just needs to be on longer, if u are worried about condition of your hair I would use a very intense treatment I like wells power mask and sleep in it every other night for a week or 2 before u have your next highlights, just be careful she doesn't pick any of your old brown back up else u back to square one xx

Thanks everyone. God, this is soo stressful lol, wish I'd never bothered having anything done now!
I have today bought "Bonacure professional sulfate free colour freeze shampoo and conditioner" and will wash my hair in cool water. I haven't washed it yet and am not going to as Ive booked in for a deep conditioning treatment on Tuesday, so if the colour changes after that in their salon they will know it's not my fault as I wouldn't have touched it!
They were actually quite rude and really blamed me but I wanted to stick with them as they gave me a gorgeous cut and blow dry which my normal salon doesn't. However, I will not be going back if the toner washes out after 2 washes again. Incidentally, what does actually cause a toner to fade that fast????

Latest posts

Back