Advice please for my 'Salon Services wax heater 1000cc' after first disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tzidik

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm brand new to this so I'm hope some one can help me who has experience with the 'Salon Services Wax Heater 1000cc'?

I was given one to use as it was missing the removable wax container. I thought Hey-ho, the website listing says 'The plastic pot can be placed directly in the chamber' and I am only going to be using creme wax so I thought all was good.

I get myself a pot of tea tree creme 'just wax' brand wax and do as I was instructed on the course. I pop the pot in, put it to full whack for about 20 mins, then put it to the middle-ish temperature but the plastic pot began to melt!
It got everywhere! I have seen similar posts on here regarding this issue but not with the specific heater so I thought it was worth an ask.

so I guess my questions would be:

1 - for this model of heater should I have used a container? and is their website giving the wrong information?

2 - did I make it too hot because I am inpatient?

or 3 - as this heater was given to me is it missing a piece that meant the pot was coming in to close to the heating filament?

Thanks for all your help guys!

Attachments

• waxheater.png
    waxheater.png
    437.2 KB · Views: 202
Not every plastic pot wax brand is suitable to be placed in a heater.

We had a similar disaster in my college when we innocently placed a plastic wax pot in the heater as we had been shown to do and it melted.

so it’s not you and it’s not the heater. Check the instructions on your wax pot as well as your heater next time!

if you haven’t already cleaned your heater, heat the wax pot up and hook it out as soon as you can and then use lots of cotton wool to soak up the remaining wax. Soak up as much wax as you can (cotton wool works better than couch roll). Use spatulas to help. Then spray or pump surgicalspirit on to cotton pads and mop around. Always remember that surgical spirit is flammable. Give a final wipe over with wax equipment cleaner.

I had this wax heater for only a few months before going into lockdown.

I reopened and began to wax clients as normal ,but one day it just decided to start smoking and absolutely wreaked of melting plastic. So pungent and acrid. Thank goodness I never leave the thing switched on when I'm not around or else we would have had a fire.

The thermostat must have given up the ghost- unfortunately as it appeared to be passed the 12 months warranty (had been unused for the lockdown period) Sally's weren't in the least bit interested, even though I said that it could be a manufacturing fault.

A refund or replacement was not the point in my complaint.....it's the safety issue. I thought it should have been sent for testing or recalled.
I contacted salon services head office and had NO reply. Very poor!

I would never have another - Choose Hive , just so much better made and be safe.

Last edited:
Yes I had a similar issue with a non hive brand. Freaked me out. Been very happy with hive pot heaters for years now.

I had this wax heater for only a few months before going into lockdown.

I reopened and began to wax clients as normal ,but one day it just decided to start smoking and absolutely wreaked of melting plastic. So pungent and acrid. Thank goodness I never leave the thing switched on when I'm not around or else we would have had a fire.

The thermostat must have given up the ghost- unfortunately as it appeared to be passed the 12 months warranty (had been unused for the lockdown period) Sally's weren't in the least bit interested, even though I said that it could be a manufacturing fault.

A refund or replacement was not the point in my complaint.....it's the safety issue. I thought it should have been sent for testing or recalled.
I contacted salon services head office and had NO reply. Very poor!

I would never have another - Choose Hive , just so much better made and be safe.

Had the same with the Hive one called Neom or something. Was totally unusable and couldn’t return it due to the damage caused by it not being fit for purpose. Had massive ongoing row with Hive over it. They didn’t care to refund it nor fix it. Annoys me that I love their double heater!

Latest posts

Back