Advice please Gelish too thick?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddybear27x

Reaction score
Hello,
One of my regular clients has had Gelish polish on her natural nails previously before this her nails lasted at least up to 3 weeks without any peeling or chipping etc
My client has come back and said her nails are peeling on one nail and one of them have wrinkled abit, I can't upload any pics as the file is too big. If anyone who is willing to help me further I can send the photo over by an email
Obviously Iv done something wrong on would it be the application is too thick? Maybe for both the foundation and Colour? Please please no nasty comments Iv realised Iv done something wrong and I want to fix it. I'm just after some advice as I have only just got back in to the beauty hair and nail game in the last 2 months. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you x

Hi,
If it's wrinkled that's usually down to the coats not curing correctly due to them being applied too thickly.

What colour did you use? As I've found some of the newer colours need to be applied super thin as they can be thicker in consistency than some of the older colours.

Maybe Call her in so you can have a look in person and go from there.
x

Hi,
If it's wrinkled that's usually down to the coats not curing correctly due to them being applied too thickly.

What colour did you use? As I've found some of the newer colours need to be applied super thin as they can be thicker in consistency than some of the older colours.

x
Cheekychick, have you any tips on how to spread it thin if the consistency is thick from the bottle. I am stirring with an orange wood stick but some are hard to manage even after a few minutes after the stir

Cheekychick, have you any tips on how to spread it thin if the consistency is thick from the bottle. I am stirring with an orange wood stick but some are hard to manage even after a few minutes after the stir
Standing the gelish in warm water will thin it out as well as giving it a few waves.

Hi,

x

It was make you blink pink,
So just a very think layer of both the foundation and colour? It's the first time it's happened to me I'm not sure if I rushed it or not
It's knocked me back so much as the client posted it over Facebook. I have offered a new set she was really nice about it thankfully I'm just so embarrassed

It was make you blink pink,
So just a very think layer of both the foundation and colour? It's the first time it's happened to me I'm not sure if I rushed it or not
It's knocked me back so much as the client posted it over Facebook. I have offered a new set she was really nice about it thankfully I'm just so embarrassed

It happens so don't worry!
Just make it clear in a polite way to clients of there are any problems to come to you (not social media [emoji35] I hate that!)

Yep the foundation coat needs to be really really thin & scrubbed into the nail.

The neons are so easy to paint on too thickly as you want good coverage. But next time scrape all of the product off of the brush back into the bottle and then paint onto the nails. You can always do an extra coat if needed, as it's better to do 3 really thin coats than 2 thicker ones.

Also make sure your clients are placing their hands correctly in the lamp to ensure proper curing.
Hope that helps x

Exactly as make it back alive has said is what I do.

Also scrape every drop you can back into the bottle so it looks like there's hardly any on your brush and then apply. You can always go back for more. It's just easier to get it really thin if you do it this way I find x

Aww that's uncalled for, I hate social media for this reason. One mistake and it goes viral! X

It happens so don't worry!
Just make it clear in a polite way to clients of there are any problems to come to you (not social media [emoji35] I hate that!)

Yep the foundation coat needs to be really really thin & scrubbed into the nail.

The neons are so easy to paint on too thickly as you want good coverage. But next time scrape all of the product off of the brush back into the bottle and then paint onto the nails. You can always do an extra coat if needed, as it's better to do 3 really thin coats than 2 thicker ones.

Also make sure your clients are placing their hands correctly in the lamp to ensure proper curing.
Hope that helps x

Thank you so much! It's really helped me xxx

The wrinkling should have been apparent immediately after cure. If you didn't notice any wrinkling at all at the appointment, perhaps it's something the client has got into. Certain cleaners can cause wrinkling.

Just to add, I used make you blink pink when I first qualified and used it too thickly.
Looked fine when my client left however she caught a nail the next morning and half of the product on her thumb wrinkled and came off.
Turned out the last colour & topcoat were cured but the first layer of colour I'd done hadn't cured. Which is why it looked okay when she left but practically wiped off when she caught it.

Obviously it should go without saying that aftercare is very important so make sure you are letting them know what they should & shouldn't be doing and advise when they should wear gloves etc x

Latest posts

Back