Advice please hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sallie ford

Miss-s
Reaction score
end of January a women booked in for nano rings anyway cut a long story short her hair was a funny shade
Contacted my supplier ordered the hair out of stock waited over a week for more hair to come in
Spoke to the client had to rearrange her app she wanted the following Saturday 10am which I never confirmed to say yes anyway messaged her back stating that I didn't have the requested time so she moaned her arse off saying I kept changing my mind, so I went out to her on the Friday night which I didn't mind
So in the mean time the thurs before Friday I have an email to say the nano extensions are being discountinued so I had to try and get hair from elsewhere so I had to drive to local supplier who only did micro rings
She had booked in for 5a indian nanos 18in which I had on offer
So I had some Russian nanos 8a her colour 50g surplus stock in
I used that and had 150g micro rings 5a Indian .
Went to her house on the Friday night explained the situation she was happy I fitted the hair
Let the top part of her hair down the ends have gone really light as they were porous and dry chipped in to them her hair had faded like it had been recently coloured anyway client was ok we spoke about dying her hair she was happy to do this!
Spoke to her about aftercare which I normally go into overdrive for 20 mins drilling it in to them
Sent over the aftercare via Facebook got her to screen shot the message with the aftercare on send the pic bk to show she has received

Had an email the next day saying she was happy loves her hair
That was that
Today she messaged me saying they weren't nano rings what I put in
The hair half of it wasn't authentic hair ( not sure which half she meant )
I explained to her I had spoken to her before fitting and she said micro rings were ok
From that it was the hair is brittle
Spoke to her about aftercare products and conditioner she doesn't use conditioner only spray conditioner on dry hair so I spoke to her about following the care correctly
So then she showed me the conditioner not the one I recommended but some argan oil sulphate free stuff which contains sodium lauyrl sulphate told her the shampoo was no good and not what I recommended after this she said I never mentioned anything about the micro rings apparently she had gone to another salon who said they had been fitted the wrong way round even tho it was a perfect brick wall effect fitting up her head then she tried to say that the stick tips were sticking out of the top and not on others.
Then it was the rings gave her head ache and were killing her for days but this point my patience was wearing thin I jst said if they were hurting surely u would of mentioned something before now I'd told her on the day of fitting her head would be a little tender but would ease off
Then it was she carnt brush her hair
Spoke to her again about aftercare

After all this went on she told me she wanted them rectifying I was happy to make sure all the stick tips were concealed by the copper tubes and I would pop a nice treatment on her hair but I refuse to put any other hair in after she said it was fine about the micro rings

My head is in a shed
I was warned by a client who mentioned that she used to live next door to her and said she was a nightmare to live next door to!

If she wants them rectifying she will have to come to the salon in the day time at the moment my hubby is working nights and I have children
I wouldn't of minded but she has tried to pick fault with everything to the point she said I rushed them I was at her house for over 3 hrs came out of her home smelling of cigarettes and a weird dodgy smell the only thing I forgot to do was to get her sign the client card at the end

Oh God she sounds like a night mare.... Look, she's pedantic a moaner and she's trying it on!
In my eyes... there wasn't one specific thing she said was wrong she moaned about everything right? She has had the aftercare and ignored it! I've never used different extensions on the same head so can't comment on that but The only worrying thing is the consultation form xx

I do have a inbox from the following day saying thank u she loves her hair so I'm going to print that off attach it to her client card x

I made sure she understood when I spoke to her about the micro rings and the aftercare I've offered to correct the stick tips sticking over the copper tube as I always fit them like that so I know there secure , I will put her a treatment in for free
But I'm damed if I'm buying more hair and I'm not refunding either x

I hate clients like this!

I wouldn't even do that Sally! You are very good at your job!..... I made one client take her extensions out as she was a colleague ( hairdresser) and embarrassing me walking around the salon shaming my work! (She was walking around with a bloody unconditioned bird's nest on her head!)

We wants nano rings in! I've told her I carnt do this with the extensions that are
What peed me off the most I spoke to her before fitting commence and stated the nano rings I couldn't get her colour this was due to nano rings being discontinued supplier did try and help

She messaged me to day saying 4 more have come out and this is because there is to much movement in the bond and poor workman ship , I made it clear at the consultation that micro/nano rings are not suitable on short hair but according to her this is rubbish!
But yesterday she was saying she isn't an expert clearly is an expert in nothing!

I've point blank refused to purchase anymore hair
Apparently she carnt do anything with her hair I'm not sure what she meant by that
I'm fed up of her rudeness! I've been really reasonable and patient I didn't understand one of her messages due to the spelling was awful and didn't make sense so I told her I didn't understand her message her reply was go and read it properly

When I was struggling to get hair I had to postpone her app the supplier really tried to get the colour for me I explained to the client who wanted the follow Saturday at 10 I kindly said I would look in the diary to see what we had I was that busy that I contacted her on the Monday to say I didn't have 10am on the Saturday
Her reply was but I was booked in I only said I would look in the diary
So I offered her a mobile app on the Friday 6.30
Her reply was
Don't change your mind again I was livid

The stick tips I can melt down to make them smaller to fit in tiny tip tubes but I don't even think she would be happy with that

All the things she has complained about I think she's jst moaning for the sake of it

X

Last edited:
No no no....... Give her two options. You take them out or you lower the tip. You are not replacing them....that's it.... Explain that you have tried to accommodate her and you feel due to her rudeness you are now unwilling to go out of your way any further. She knew what she was having, no poor workmanship ship. And if she didn't understand the aftercare she should have told you.... Let her take you up on one of two offers. Be stern. Then ignore once you have done them......

I had a client who left her hair to go so greasy that every 3 weeks come back in with hardly any hair! then wondered why I wouldn't do it for free. When I explained and showed her the signed aftercare sheet she never came back! Good bloody riddence!

Xxx

After I offer to lower the tip she didn't reply and she certainly won't let me remove them
She sent me a pick on Saturday bear in mind I only did her hair Friday and half of the hair is missing and a quite a bit shorter she has made the hairlike horrendous x

I'd just say you can come in for appointment I can take a look and we can come to a solution
, hate clients like that.

I find u need to be professional and chat to her in person and then if u don't think she deserves a refund say to her face your not refunding her and why, otherwise clients like that will just keep texting you with problems or lie about problems to try and get money back

I've offered her the solutions

I'm not refunding her or buying new hair either because when I had an issue with getting the hair and got micro rings before we started I spoke to her explained to her why I had micro rings I made myself crystal clear and she was happy for me to install,
From when I had to rearrange her app I had her rude comments
I've been really reasonable and very patient with her I've offered and offered to sort the extensions out for her and offered and offered but seems to fall of deaf ears I fitted the hair at her home due to no salon appointments, but I refuse to go to her home due to smoking I stunk and it was hurting my eyes at the mo I have no mobile evening apps as I have other commitments at home
I've offered her to come in to the salon jst blanks my questions

I've jst left it at that I've offered to sort the extensions but not put new ones in as she originally said they were fine the micro rings! Xxxx

Explain that you have tried to accommodate her and you feel due to her rudeness you are now unwilling to go out of your way any further.

You might feel quite reasonably annoyed by a clients bad attitude but it's always in your own best interests to remain calm and in control of the situation. Try to keep all communication totally professional and only refer to actual instances where she's not followed your specific aftercare advice.

If you bring up their bad attitude or poor command of English into a situation, you've lost the moral high ground. Try to avoid excess communication by text unless it is to confirm an appointment. Keep replies short and to the point. Just focus on the matters that you can prove at a later date such as not following your detailed aftercare advice. Don't try to justify yourself or offer lengthy explanations by text. It weakens your position.

So far she hasn't replied since yesterday after I said I couldn't turn her micro rings into nano rings
I will leave it at that
Thanks guys I feel loads better xxx

Sorry I didn't mean that you should lower your professionalism while informing her. But I do not tolerate rudeness in the slightest.

I agree with AcidPerm don't mention the language barrier although it's a struggle sometimes, it can be totally offensive.... X

Latest posts

Back