Advice please on mobile beauty therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyg1990

Reaction score
Hello every one
I am 10 weeks away from completing level 3 beauty therapy .. i done the course when I was 17 but left 2 months before the end as I had a baby! anyway 12 years on I have gone back again to complete it. I am just wondering what treatments we can offer as a mobile service ? I am leaning more towards the aesthetics side of things. I Know SMPU and fillers ect has to be done in salon but what about things like dermaplaning and chemical peels ?

I know you are leaning towards the aesthetics side of things, but always bear in mind that if you become mobile , it is the lugging of equipment to and from clients that can be a big bug bear. Less time travelling will be better for your income and you will be less stressed when you have a busy schedule to keep .
Comfort for you as the therapist is essential, especially as you get older and your needs are important. I only do 2 mobile manicures and lip/ brow waxes, but they're often so ill equipped for me to have a small area of table to work from ...it does get to you after many years.
One pedicure client has a grotty floor to contend with, so I have told her I am not offering mobile pedicures anymore. Fed up with their stuff being on every surface ,so there is no where for me to put mine.

Their lighting is always inadequate, so think of that too.

In the past I have done the following treatments mobile ;-
full body massage - lug the heavy couch!
reflexology - that is easy peasy to set up for
Back massage-
Facials- can't always rely on their hot water, so kettle goes on !
Manicures- Their kitchen table , after moving their stuff out of the way.
Pedicures - back breaking, I have sat on the floor or cushions, and once on a footstool that collapsed !!!! That was hilarious, I broke the thing and my husband had to repair it for her.
Eyelash / brow treatments- again good lighting is essential

I am sorry that I havent actually answered your true question to offering a service at a clients home. I do hope you will see that there
are a few other things that you may need to consider.

I don't mean to put you off as I have had a very good 37 years of beauty, but mobile is not for this old lady now. Good luck amyg1990.

Thanks so much for your lengthy reply !! All advice is very welcomed .. and you are right lots to take on board and think of. I shall bear all that in mind. I am finding back massage the hardest of it all... it's so bloody tiring or maybe I am just unfit Haha.
Thanks again. x

My advice for anyone going mobile is to do the quickest, least messy, least equipment and supplies needed to hump with you, and high earners. Some of mines are eye treatments, acrylic or uv gel nails, massage (With massage get your posture sorted or you'll suffer. Make sure you stand properly and you'll actually enjoy doing the massage). Facials including dermaplaning and skin peels. Microneedling. PRP and Vampire Facials. (I run 121 accredited training in these BTW and have published textbooks if you want to have a look on Amazon) Nano bead hair extensions (You don't need to be a hairdresser, you can do an online course with the assessment). For me personally WAXING mobile is a big no no. I don't like the time it takes to heat up, it can spill all over your boot and other equipment. Its just a pain, unless you have the closed system which are expensive.
Hope this helps.
I have a channel on YouTube with some educational videos on if you'd like to have a look, feel free.

Nicky x

Latest posts

Back