Advice please on overnight tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyr

Reaction score
Morning all. Need some advice. I do mobile tanning on an evening. Can't really do through day as I ave a Lil 1 an no sitter.. I recently did a tan fri nyt. The girl replied to my txts last nyt sayin the tan ad gone streaky an wen she washed it off it went really light an patchy. I've Neva ad this b4. Been tanning 2 yrs. I use sienna x..the tan luked really good when I'd done it. Is it a bad idea to do tans evening so they ave t sleep in them. I've Neva ad this b4. Made me feel but rubbish to b fair. Any advice would be much appreciated. Xx

If you've been doing it 2 years i don't think you should be doubting what you've done. Perhaps your client hadn't prepped her skin enough or maybe even had moisturiser on. I don't think sleeping in your tan will make it go streaky either. What sort of shower gel has she used after her tan. Did she keep away from water? If she has dermatitis or excema maybe this could be the reason? I could go on and on but at the end of the day son't blame yourself. x

Morning all. Need some advice. I do mobile tanning on an evening. Can't really do through day as I ave a Lil 1 an no sitter.. I recently did a tan fri nyt. The girl replied to my txts last nyt sayin the tan ad gone streaky an wen she washed it off it went really light an patchy. I've Neva ad this b4. Been tanning 2 yrs. I use sienna x..the tan luked really good when I'd done it. Is it a bad idea to do tans evening so they ave t sleep in them. I've Neva ad this b4. Made me feel but rubbish to b fair. Any advice would be much appreciated. Xx

its fine doing tans in the evening so no issue there
there seems to be two issues here
Firstly the straking....could me moisturizer residue or even use of shampoo with conditioner that was washed off in shower not fully...depends where streaking is and the extent of it
The patchy issue could well be poor pre tan prep as if the skin is in good condition and without residue then the tan would some out evenly all over no matter how applied....within reason of course

So me tinks this seems to be a client issue rather than an application or solution issue
Get her in to show you the extent of her problem
Good luck

I do all my tans in the evening, very rarely in the daytime and this is never a problem. I wouldn't worry - it sounds like it's not your fault but rather the aftercare from the client.

I do all my tans in the evening and actually hate it when people ask me to do them earlier in the day! There is so much more they can do going about their normal daily routine that can ruin a tan - putting their bra back on, forgetting they shouldn't wash their hands, rain etc etc so if evenings work best for you, I definitely wouldn't change that.

Also agree with everything said above, most likely she hasn't followed correct prep/aftercare or could be down to showergel or shampoo. For example I know that Dove showergel is not a great choice to use after a spray tan as it can fade it and cause it to go streaky/patchy x

Personally I think she hasn't washed the tan guide off (this can explain streaks) properly, or she has done something (ie splashed her self) whilst the tan was developing.

OR shave/waxed since the tan, just wondering why she has left it til monday to text u? If it was bad why not text u sat to fix it?

Tans esp dark tans wear a lot easier (well more noticable) in a few days. Esp if she had dry skin and or has been wearing tight clothes.

My bra strap always weares my tan and my high heels always rub my feet and then my tan comes off.

Personally I think she has left it alittle bit too late to expect u to do anything about it, and is poss trying to get her next spray free!

If she had text u sat and asked u to go round/see the tan/attempt to fix it then I'd be inclined to think she was more genuine- cz that's what most people would do. Xx

I agree with all the above...... dont stress yourself... If you feel bad and she's a good client, then offer free re spray to keep a good relationship with her, even if you think she's trying it on..........

Thanks for a your replies. Made me feel better. She not a regular client. She ad let me down twice b4. I've known her years. She was really happy Wiv it wen I left. If she ad ave txt bk the sat mornin I wud Ave been like a shot. I've asked her questions of wat she slept in. Showered in etc. but no reply. So I'll just leave it at that. Thanx again. Xx

Latest posts

Back