Advice please on what nails to do for my friend for her mum's funeral

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraj

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was wondering if you can help me with this one as I don't really know what I think I should suggest.

My friend has asked me to do hers and her sisters nails for their mums funeral. Her sister asked if we could maybe do an angel but I'm not sure where to start with that so if you have any ideas please let me know. I thought maybe something elegant and understated but I'm not sure.

Can anyone help me think of some ideas for her as I want them to be right for them both.

Thanks

I think if my mum died my nails would be the last thing I would be thinking of so I have no idea what to suggest. Something simple, maybe google angels I'm sure I've seen some christmas nails with angels on.

If it were me, I would suggest a natural, clear colour.

Hayley x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi Laura,

Maybe you could use their mothers initials in scroll writing on their ring finger, with a dove to the top, and a classic French for the rest? Xxx

A angel wing on each thumb French on rest. If doing gel or acrylic you could imbed a white feather. I know when I went through grief when bf died my feelings where not considered as sister had been in similar situation and meant well but didn't want me to fall in a heap. Do what they want it's their grieving process and they will feel better from being heard.

If you can as said above lovey, talk it over with your friend and her sister. I know when my nans passed this year I did my own nails each set I did it reflected my Nan's individually. So for my Nan L I went for tutti frutti shellac as one of my nans favourite colours to polish her nails with was pink and she used to let me many years ago paint her nails with pink polish too :) My Nan P she loved purple so I Shellaced them in purple purple and wore the lovely blue scarf I'd bought her at christmas.

Funerals although incredibly sad, are also about celebrating someone life. Perhaps when you are doing their nails, they could tell you a little more about their mum, what colours she liked and things like that.

I'm sure you'll pamper them both which they probably both need right now.

Hugs missus and sorry to hear of your friends loss. xxx :hug:

My cousin died last year she was only in her late 40s and I did her daughters nails for her funeral, we did it at her mothers house at is was great, gave everyone a distraction some thing else to think about and just be normal for an hour! They both had bright pink CND Shellac rock stars! They wanted something to remind them of there mother and if she was getting her nails done she would have glittery pink!! Lol

Hi Laura,

Maybe you could use their mothers initials in scroll writing on their ring finger, with a dove to the top, and a classic French for the rest? Xxx

Aww thats sounds like a lovely idea! x

My cousin died last year she was only in her late 40s and I did her daughters nails for her funeral, we did it at her mothers house at is was great, gave everyone a distraction some thing else to think about and just be normal for an hour! They both had bright pink CND Shellac rock stars! They wanted something to remind them of there mother and if she was getting her nails done she would have glittery pink!! Lol

Love this!!

You could maybe do French then on accent finger place a white feather water decal? X

My Grandma sadly died this year and I did mine green as that was her favourite colour. What was their mums favourite colour? Did she have her own nails done? If so what did she like on hers? Was she a big character or more of a discreet lady? I wouldn't focus on death itself, more on their mums personality. And lastly as another Gerk said don't worry too much the nails are not the be all and end all it's about saying goodbye to their mum xx

When my mum died of carcinoid cancer last year I sid the entire family's nails (even the men) in zebra print - like th pink ribbon is for breast cancer, zebra print ribbon is for carcinoid.
I like the idea of the post above with a name in a scroll

My best friend died on 8th december and I did het sisters nails for the funeral. A bright pinky red to match her dress with zebra print on ring fingers and one thumb and the word believe on the other thumb as my frienf had this tattoo so did a copy.of how it was written on tattoo. It was a celebration of life rather than mourning death though and zebra print was my friends fave nail design xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you for your help everyone, I have put forward some of the ideas to her

I didn't make any for 2012...I was pregnant that was enough to fill 2012:)

2013 is all about being healthy, happy and hopefully save a good bit of cash to go to Canada in 2014

Latest posts

Back