Advice please, refunding hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdawson24

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice for my client on refunding extensions.

She has short hair which she HATES so I put a full head of micro rings in which she was very happy with, however they are really visable at the top because her layers and pretty short. So when I found out about nano rings I showed her the difference and we decided to try them out on her. We didn't really know anything about nano rings as it's so new and couldn't find ANY reviews on the hair so we decided to go with Lady Locks hair.

I took out all the nano rings from either side of her hair and fitted about 50 strands of lady locks hair to the sides. So she has micro rings at the back from hairplanet which is still in lovely condition and the lady locks hair at the side after less than a week has went fuzzy matted and horrible. This hair claims to be indian remy grade AAA and my friends crap ebay hair has lasted longer.

I know that she takes good care of her hair extensions as she has had the hair planet ones in for several weeks and they are still like brand new. Also when I did her maintenance her bonds were all clean and seperated. I also know that she uses extension shampoo and conditioner on them and brushes with a tangle teaser brush.

I have attached a picture of the hair, bearing in mind this has been in her head under a week.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to have hair refunded and if so what is the best way to go about it? As you can imagine my client is very upset because she has paid for the extra hair, rings and also my time for fitting them.

Any advice before we contact the seller?

Thanks x

Attachments

• 1044229_10151566421163052_1461147246_n.jpg
    1044229_10151566421163052_1461147246_n.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 625
Hi Hun, lady locks is on Facebook and seems a lovely lady. I haven't personally used their hair yet but I'd say its always worth contactin them first as it puts you in a better position to get a replacement or refund.
Bad batches happen all the time I've had loads and its annoying but if you go dire t to suppliers 9/10 of the smaller ones will understand and simply ask to return hair for testing (always keep a few strands yourself) then

Thanks for the reply. I agree she seems lovely as I have spoke to her a few times on facebook but as i'm sure you can imagine we were really disappointed with the hair and my client has spent A LOT of money on hair over the past few weeks, so she is a bit sensitive about the situation! I will contact her and see what she says x

i personally would replace them yourself first and then fight your battle with the supplier otherwise the client will be left hairless.
Probs should have went with micro bonded extensions in short hair though, but you live and learn! sometimes you just have to suck up the financial loss and mark it down as experience.
Hopefully you will get a good response from ladylocks and you will be refunded. You know hairplanet does nanos now? xxx

She has short hair which she HATES so I put a full head of micro rings in which she was very happy with, however they are really visable at the top because her layers and pretty short. So when I found out about nano rings I showed her the difference and we decided to try them out on her. We didn't really know anything about nano rings as it's so new and couldn't find ANY reviews on the hair so we decided to go with Lady Locks hair.

I took out all the nano rings from either side of her hair and fitted about 50 strands of lady locks hair to the sides. So she has micro rings at the back from hairplanet which is still in lovely condition and the lady locks hair at the side after less than a week has went fuzzy matted and horrible. This hair claims to be indian remy grade AAA and my friends crap ebay hair has lasted longer.

I know that she takes good care of her hair extensions as she has had the hair planet ones in for several weeks and they are still like brand new. Also when I did her maintenance her bonds were all clean and seperated. I also know that she uses extension shampoo and conditioner on them and brushes with a tangle teaser brush.

I have attached a picture of the hair, bearing in mind this has been in her head under a week.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to have hair refunded and if so what is the best way to go about it? As you can imagine my client is very upset because she has paid for the extra hair, rings and also my time for fitting them.

Thanks x

First of all, extensions really shouldn't show. In some cases it might be inevitable (eg client insists on excessive amount of hair), or sometimes it might be down to a particular situation (eg client gets greasy hair very quickly and can't wash it every day due to time issues), but I always always make the client aware of this before proceeding, so they know the whole truth. If they're still happy to go ahead, then that's ok by me, but they need to be fully aware of it.
I don't think that complaining to the hair company is gonna solve anything, as it is highly unlikely they're gonna refund you and tbh, I don't think it's fair towards them either. Hair is not a car, after all. It took me a lot of time and even more money to find a supplier I'm happy with, that's the way it goes.
I would in general steer clear of methods where you're tied to a specific brand or application process, eg micro loops (shudder), nano rings or microchet. If you make your own strands, you are the one in control.

Personally, I wouldn't refund the client, but refit again with micro rings and try to find a solution so the rings don't show.

The problem isn't the fact that they show. The problem is that the hair has went fuzzy after less than a week. She is delighted with the nano rings and the fact they are so discreet in her hair. We were going to gradually transition her over to nano's at each maintenance appt so that she had a full head. The nano tip and bead aren't the problem, it's the actual hair.

i personally would replace them yourself first and then fight your battle with the supplier otherwise the client will be left hairless.
Probs should have went with micro bonded extensions in short hair though, but you live and learn! sometimes you just have to suck up the financial loss and mark it down as experience.
Hopefully you will get a good response from ladylocks and you will be refunded. You know hairplanet does nanos now? xxx

Hi Siobhan, I think she wants them all out then a full head of nano rings fitted. We were going to do it gradually, but because the hair has went bad so quick we are just going to go with studio58 nano hair.

xx

^I agree. You should take the responsibility just for your clients sake and figure it out on your own from there.

Ok thanks for everyones help.

Thanks x

hiya,
I have always been a fan of lady locks, but almost two weeks ago I fitted a ladys hair with their nano, and now have the same problem, I have emailed them (and ordered new hair from a different supplier to fit)

i have since contacted lady locks,and she is going to sort this out for me, lovely lady ;) give her a wee shout and im sure she'll help..

Last edited:
I purchased dip dye 18 into 613 form ladylocks and had to refund after a little of 2 weeks wear. The hair matted terrible and the ends were shabby. I ordered from transform xtensions and replaced them, been in 3 months now and still great. I didn't get a refund from them as I didn't use their aftercare, even though she had used matrix products which are great. Was a shame really as I used them as my main supplier but was forced to change. Stuck it out with transform and after 7 months of using them Im still a happy lady.
I hope you get things resolved chicky as there is nothing worse than unhappy clients x

Latest posts

Back