advice please, what colour can i go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks

i have decided to take the plunge and find new hairdresser after going 3 1/2 months without going near one (my last one stopped doing hair and i havent had courage to go to new one - too many bad experiences in past lol ) but im booking for cut and colour on friday

so i have shoulder length mid brown hair, last year (feb/march) i had blonde and auburn highlights through it, most have which have grown out , but i still have some lighter brown- blonde streaks showing in places, (cant upload pic cos my pc which has the scanner and camera port on it isnt workin grrrrrrrr) so i need a colour to freshen up my tired old colour, ont want anything to dramatic at the moment, i was thinking a nice warm brown, but will this cover the blonde? or do i need to go lighter to match the ligter streaks? hope this makes sense

thanks guys

xxxxxx

Without seeing the colour it is now and your skin tone it is impossible to advise.

Your stylist will go through you questions upon consultation hth's.

hey nicky!
if you are not to sure what kind of colour to have aswell as having a consultation with a stylist look in magazines and on the internet to look at pictures....rip these out and take the, to the salon with you. it is hard to find a new salon but i would recommend to pop into a few local salons and ask for a price list and just have a look around......then decide where you want to get it done! sure it will be fine!:)

thanks hun, thats good idea, if i take some pics along of the colours id like to go, then she can tell me whether that colour will be ok over the blonde?

thanks hun, appreciate your help
xxxxxx

Whenever I have had my hair coloured they have brought the hair colour chart out for me to see so we both know exactly what we are aiming for. You are having your hair done by a professional so let them do the consultation where they can actually see your hair and advise what is best for you!

However could I just say that from experience if I am using a salon for the first time I tend to just have a trim! It then lets me know if I am happy with that particular stylist before letting them loose on me for a more drastic makeover. My regular stylist gets to know my personality etc and so if I ask for something that is whacky and probably wouldn't suit me she'd have the confidence to talk me out of it, or at least let me know it may look odd!!!! However if you go into a salon armed with a picture the new stylist may feel under pressure to give you a style that she knows wouldn't suit you, but as he/ she doesn't know you well may just carry on as they don't feel comfortable to tell you otherwise. Just a thought!

I agree ,take pic. Your idea of "chocolate" brown and mine will be very different.

Ultimately a good colour technician will make recommendations to enhance your style and skin tone,even if it were not what you had originally wanted.

Make sure you trust them and you are on the same wave length and you will always come away delighted hth's x

thanks girls, much appreciated, booked in 2pm today, will let you know how i got on, hopefully will have pics to show you what it turned out tlike,unless its disastarous lol

nicky xxxxx

ok, I know that is a bit late now, but..... Hope they did you an allergy test 48 hours prior your color, hope they did incompatility test to make sure that the chemical process does not burn your scalp or hair, and if you are not sure, you could always ask them to do you a test color to see what the final will look like. A true professional will do all of these.
Let us see the picture.

Latest posts

Back