Advice plz waxing once a week..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salongeekster

Reaction score
Hello, not sure if this is in the correct section but need a bit of advice from the Pros, is it safe to wax once a week, iv tried creams etc and the dark shadow comes back the very next day, if i wax the dark shadow comes back by the end of the week is it ok to wax it every week, Thanks in advance :O)

Hello, not sure if this is in the correct section but need a bit of advice from the Pros, is it safe to wax once a week, iv tried creams etc and the dark shadow comes back the very next day, if i wax the dark shadow comes back by the end of the week is it ok to wax it every week, Thanks in advance :O)

I personally wouldn't wax any more often than once a fortnight / once every three weeks.

The longer you leave the hair to grow, the longer the hair free result will potentially last. If you wax every week, the hairs will grow to 'feed' that cycle.

If you can ride it out for a fortnight, and let a bit more growth come through, then it should last a bit longer, then try leaving it a week longer each time.

Ok i see what you mean i have read about syncronsing the waxing sessions actually,i will try and do that then il just have to not leave the house for afew weeks:lol:Thankyou :)

Ok i see what you mean i have read about syncronsing the waxing sessions actually,i will try and do that then il just have to not leave the house for afew weeks:lol:Thankyou :)

Lol, the first few weeks will be the hardest. Don't pluck either, because those hairs that you pluck out will grow out of sync too. Ideally, the longer you can leave it the better.

what area are you treating? if it is body hair waxing every week should be ok but as already mentioned try and leave it a bit longer. if it's the face, waxing can make this area stronger and you should look for a permanent way to remove the hair. also if it is the face and you have this amount of growth coming through every week it might be worth while checking your hormone levels.

Lol, the first few weeks will be the hardest. Don't pluck either, because those hairs that you pluck out will grow out of sync too. Ideally, the longer you can leave it the better.
Ok il try my best thankyou for the advice Chick :)

what area are you treating? if it is body hair waxing every week should be ok but as already mentioned try and leave it a bit longer. if it's the face, waxing can make this area stronger and you should look for a permanent way to remove the hair. also if it is the face and you have this amount of growth coming through every week it might be worth while checking your hormone levels.
yes its the uppper lip i was talking bout sorry forgot to say that,there is some hair there but its more the shadow that comes the day after iv got it off that bothers me even if theres no visible hair i still get a shadow so must be underneath the skin some how, iv tried electrolosis but its too painfull and i cant have laser because of medication im taking, i am trying a machine called Epil 2000 on Friday which uses sound waves, thought it was worth a try, fingers crossed:)

yes its the uppper lip i was talking bout sorry forgot to say that,there is some hair there but its more the shadow that comes the day after iv got it off that bothers me even if theres no visible hair i still get a shadow so must be underneath the skin some how, iv tried electrolosis but its too painfull and i cant have laser because of medication im taking, i am trying a machine called Epil 2000 on Friday which uses sound waves, thought it was worth a try, fingers crossed:)
It sounds like pigmentation. Are you using strip wax? Strip wax removes a layer of skin which will make it more sensitive to sunlight. Try applying a sunscreen after waxing. Non-strip wax is much more gentle on the skin but be careful that you don't have it too warm.

I would be very dubious about the success of Epil 2000, do a wee bit more research on the net about it. I have been doing electrolysis for over 17 years and yes on the upper lip it is a sensitive area. However i started working with Apilus electrolysis this year and it has made such a difference, clients can have 30 mins plus on that area making it easy to clear safely and permanently. Look for an electrologist nearby who can offer Apilus and have a test patch. It is the only way to remove the hair permanently.

It sounds like pigmentation. Are you using strip wax? Strip wax removes a layer of skin which will make it more sensitive to sunlight. Try applying a sunscreen after waxing. Non-strip wax is much more gentle on the skin but be careful that you don't have it too warm.
I think your right, the lady that done my electrolosyis said i have a few pigmentation marks so i think its a mixture of the both that makes it look dark,iv only waxed a couple of times but have been using a hair removal cream every week for the past 5 years or so,so its probably come from that, thats why i want to try waxing instead now.

I would be very dubious about the success of Epil 2000, do a wee bit more research on the net about it. I have been doing electrolysis for over 17 years and yes on the upper lip it is a sensitive area. However i started working with Apilus electrolysis this year and it has made such a difference, clients can have 30 mins plus on that area making it easy to clear safely and permanently. Look for an electrologist nearby who can offer Apilus and have a test patch. It is the only way to remove the hair permanently.
I have looked into The Epil2000 and i keep reading its a con and doesnt do anything, im goin to give it a try just to see what its like. The Apilus Electrolysis sounds perfect if its less painfull, never heard of that before so il look into it, Just hope somewhere local to me does it, Thankyou!

Latest posts

Back