Advice re client going elsewhere for nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Hi, am after a bit of advice on how to deal with this situ- i have a client that was coming to me for gel polish and hd's quite religiously up until Sep. for her sep app she kept the hd's but cancelled her nails (on the day [emoji35]) and continues to maintain her hd's with me. I have noticed that she still seems to be having her nails done albeit elsewhere, my question is do i ask her where and why? If there was a problem with the last set i did i would rather be aware so that i can look to rectify.

How do i broach the subject without sounding aggressive?

Say nothing, we do not 'own' our clients, it may just come down to price or it may be she prefers how someone else does them, perhaps the other nail tech comes to her house or is near her work. There are many reasons and they may have nothing to do with your work.
Ask yourself how you would feel and respond as a client if your therapist asked you that question.
If you think you would be ok with it, ask yourself which way she could approach you on the subject without making you feel uncomfortable.

Agree with j-Anna as usual :)

Make her uncomfortable and she'll be going elsewhere for her hd's as well.

Maybe sneaky peeks at her nails might give you an idea? If they look similar it's probably price related but yes could be any reason really.

Just keep being the pro, keep being nice, if/when she has issues with her new nail person, she could well be back. X

I think it's sometimes better you don't know the reason.:confused:
Some client's can 'revel' in 'rubbing your nose in it!'
I've known of clients that seem to get great joy out of visiting the competition, and torturing you with a blow by blow account of how great the experience was.:eek:
The salon is busier,more gorgeous, they have 6 different types of latte/champagne???!!!!!:oops:
.....and they're CHEAPER than you!!!........:p:p:p

I think it's sometimes better you don't know the reason.:confused:
Some client's can 'revel' in 'rubbing your nose in it!'
I've known of clients that seem to get great joy out of visiting the competition, and torturing you with a blow by blow account of how great the experience was.:eek:
The salon is busier,more gorgeous, they have 6 different types of latte/champagne???!!!!!:oops:
.....and they're CHEAPER than you!!!........:p:p:p
Made me giggle.....:p:p

Latest posts

Back