Advice re how to be a good comp model

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zo Zo

Reaction score
Hello geeks

I am going to be a model at ExCel and I want to be perfect :lol::lol::lol:

I take my responsibilities very seriously!!

Anyone got any tips (no pun intended) on how I can be a good model ?

Thank you!

ok this is a huge responsibility......lol

so you need to keep an eye on the time
while she is working on one hand look at the other for her make sure that there is no snags along the sides
relax your hands

if i think of anymore i will let you know but it is a fab experience good luck :green:

Thanks hun, I don't want to let her down!

make sure you dont bite or pick the skin around your nails, ask Jess, I did it and got a slap, heap on solar oil and solar butter and have a weekly manicure leading up to comp.

Just do your best to help the competitor relax and spur them on to do their best. When I got a 2nd in tip & overlay at Excel, I only had 25 minutes to do the p&w hand and I would have ran for the exit if it wasn't for Pauline (Forever Nails) who kept at me to keep going. Have fun and make the most of a great learning experience x

• relax and do as your tech asks.
  • don't tense your hands up ( it's so hard to work on tense hands)
  • when your tech has painted your right hand red hold it out of the way so you don't catch it on anything
  • have fun try keep it light hearted it helps with the tension
  • Slap on that solar oil for the weeks leading up to the comps

Help your tech to relax, keep an eye on the time....have plenty of practice so that you know where she should be at every minute of the comp, if she's getting behind, tell her nicely lol! With practice sessions, you'll both get into a routine of what to do, when to wash of the dust, when to put your polished hand out of the way etc.

Have a look around the arena and see where everyone else is at and what the competition's like lol!

Enjoy it, it's a great introduction for YOUR first comp!

Oh how lovely for you zoe. Are you looking forward to it? Im hopefully going to excel, and looking forward to seeing what the competition is like. And hopefully bump into familiar faces!

Thanks for all your replies girls, I am really looking forward to it :)

Have a look around the arena and see where everyone else is at and what the competition's like lol!

But don't tell her if you see some really kick a** nails!!:lol:

Good luck Zoe, what day are you modelling on?

Sun and Mon! :green:

Cool, I'm going to be at Excel on the Sunday with Sonia. What and for whom will you be modelling for?

Can't say! Think I have already said too much! But I will look out for you and Sonia xxx

DONT FIDGIT!!!! Even if you move the hand thats not being worked on, it still has an effect on the rest of your body. I nick-named one of my models Bridget the Fidgit!! ( Oh, and don't be offended if your tech gets a bit cross and shouts at you now and then!!) :irked: xx lol

yep jess was def swearing at me, because I was fidgiting..lol

I have never been a comp model,but i would say don't drink much that mornin or you'll be bouncing about in your chair cos you need a tinkle :D

Wear something warm - it can be a touch drafty in the comp arena! :hug:

I too am going to be a model at Excel and I was thinking about this

And to top it off i have broken 2 nails, i am not happy

Dont worry about the length hun I need them short:lol:

Latest posts

Back