Advice re: manicure..what's allowed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krr607

Reaction score
hi Geeks,

so, I am only trained in manicure at the moment, I am covered on my insurance for gel polish and have been using it on about 5 friends/clients for about 6 months. Booked to do my shellac course in Jan and planning more short courses next year. I work full time in another profession and hope next year to do one full day a week on manicure.

My question is...when a client has long nails but one is broken and short, what would you do to enhance it to a length that matches the others?
I can do a basic repair if it's a split but need a solution for a complete break.

I was reading about dashing diva wrap system or PopIt and wondered whether I could do this, but what training would I need to do to be allowed to apply these?

I don't want to do anything and invalidate my insurance or put myself or a client at risk by poor practice...

Thanks in advance

anyone / pleeese?:confused:

I would extend the broken nail with acrylic or gel but to offer this you would need some training in one of the systems, popits are used with acrylic or I think gel too but again training would be required and I don't think dd can be used to extend but I may be wrong as I don't use them... :)

Hi if the clients nail much shorter than the others unless you file the rest down to match the only other way to gain length would be to add a tip, this is something we do in our salon a lot, however you would need to be acrylic/gel enhancement trained.

As for dashing diva they are more a transfer that is placed on the natural nail rather than an extension tip do this would not provide length.

What I would do is file the nails down,not completely to the same length and apply your gel colour advise that after two weeks she should come back the nail will have grown, and repeat the process until all nails are the same length again? That's your only real option until you are trained in extensions unless anyone else has another idea? Hth x

Thankyou so much ladies, my preferred option would always be to file down all the nails so they all match, but I have two ladies who just won't part with their long talons, they would rather have one shortie than let me file them all down.
I might look into a course in the future to cover me to do a tip, but it seems a bit of an expensive option for me when I really want to do only natural nails and manicure.

Thanks I really appreciate your time. x

Krr607, could you phone your insurance company and ask if you are covered for tip application ONLY? Or shop around and see if there are any courses that teach just tip application? All you really need to do is apply a tip and blend for a temporary fix (which I'm sure you know) so I agree that doing a whole course for enhancements is an expensive way of doing it! The only way to know is to ask your insurance provider. They will have any answers you need.

Emily xx

Krr607, could you phone your insurance company and ask if you are covered for tip application ONLY? Or shop around and see if there are any courses that teach just tip application? All you really need to do is apply a tip and blend for a temporary fix (which I'm sure you know) so I agree that doing a whole course for enhancements is an expensive way of doing it! The only way to know is to ask your insurance provider. They will have any answers you need.

Emily xx

Good idea Emily, stupidly I hadn't even thought of ringing the insurance company..lol:eek:

Latest posts

Back