Advice RE salon uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ophala

Reaction score
hi all, i think this is the right forum for this thread - it's not a specific nail question but about my nail job!!

anyway, i've been working as a self employed person for a local hair and beauty salon for about 9 months now. altohugh i'm self employed i help them out by tidying up when they're busy and they help me set up for clients etc and they do my hair etc. my leaflets to advertise me there are in their salon colours - red and black (and grey/white).

i don't currently wear a uniform as i only do nails - just wear my own clothes but quite smart.

i've been thinking though and am probably going to get myself a salon uniform/tunic of some kind to look a bit more professional.

my problem is colour!!! i love bright colours, my wardrobe looks like a rainbow so i'm having issues thinking about a black tunic!! i'd love a bright pink one (spesh as i use OPI and Lena White's colour is pink, as is one of my nail varnish cases). anyway, i was thinking if i'm gona get a colour maybe i should get red to tie in with salon, but if i ever left i'd be more inclined to wear pink!!!

if i can find something cheap enough (maybe at Excel) i was thinking maybe one pink or red and one black, maybe with red trim - there's a lovely one i've seen!!

anyway, to stop rambling i just wanted your advice, would u get the colour u prefer wearing or one to tie in with the salon. or stick with plain black and jazz it up with coloured shoes/make up???!! HELP!!

i have a bright pink one as this is our colours and we all have one. But to tell you the truth i aways go back to my old black on for some reason. but when we are doing wedding fares or partys we all wear the same pink one !!
also the black always shows up the dust !!

ah that's true, i didnt think about dust!! i'm not doing many enhancements at the mo tho, mainly natural nails so might not be a prob.

just realised my first post is the longest waffly thing ever!!

Hi Hun,
I work the same as you, the hair salon all wear black, but i have always worn uniform, I have baby Pink, Lilac, & Brown, I wear brown if I know I have a lot of spray tans, other wise Pink is 1st choice. When I pop down to the salon someone will always ask why i am in a different uniform, they then find out if they didn't already know that I am from the nail and beauty salon upstairs. Choose what you want, stand out and make a statement, I think smart clothes would make you look like a junior that hasn't been given a uniform yet or just another hair client. You will feel so nice in your PINK uniform. Lotsa luv & good luck x

Have a word with the owner of the salon and ask what she thinks, you may be self employed but you do have to consider what the owner would think to you wearing pink if it is not going to fit in with the colour scheme,
red is bright and nice and smart,
black is a nightmare with the dust but i have to admit i love my black tunic,
the owner may not mind what colour you what to wear.

I'm a bit like you, the girls in the hairdressers where their own clothes but in black.
i wear a brown assymetrical tunic with chinese colour and brown trouseurs with a fob watch.

although I have a zip up black tunic too.

hi all, i think this is the right forum for this thread - it's not a specific nail question but about my nail job!!

anyway, i've been working as a self employed person for a local hair and beauty salon for about 9 months now. altohugh i'm self employed i help them out by tidying up when they're busy and they help me set up for clients etc and they do my hair etc. my leaflets to advertise me there are in their salon colours - red and black (and grey/white).

i don't currently wear a uniform as i only do nails - just wear my own clothes but quite smart.

i've been thinking though and am probably going to get myself a salon uniform/tunic of some kind to look a bit more professional.

my problem is colour!!! i love bright colours, my wardrobe looks like a rainbow so i'm having issues thinking about a black tunic!! i'd love a bright pink one (spesh as i use OPI and Lena White's colour is pink, as is one of my nail varnish cases). anyway, i was thinking if i'm gona get a colour maybe i should get red to tie in with salon, but if i ever left i'd be more inclined to wear pink!!!

if i can find something cheap enough (maybe at Excel) i was thinking maybe one pink or red and one black, maybe with red trim - there's a lovely one i've seen!!

anyway, to stop rambling i just wanted your advice, would u get the colour u prefer wearing or one to tie in with the salon. or stick with plain black and jazz it up with coloured shoes/make up???!! HELP!!

Here's a site worth looking at Salonwear Direct they are cheap and have specials on at the mo - you might find something you like! x

talk to the owner and see what colours fit in with them

i like the idea of a red one though

well i mentioned it to her today and she said pink sounds good. to be honest she's the kind of person that would go with anything!!!

i love to match so red is the obvious option but i just know i'd be more likely to wear a pink one - plus would wear pink eyeshdow to match but not red!!!

the other prob i have is i have quite big boobs so don't want something with a very high neckline or they'll look enormous!! makes sizing a prob too coz am a 12 round boobs but 10 round waist so may have to get a 12 and take it in

There you go, the owner sounds nice and you get to wear your favorite colour,
i have a pink tunic from salon wear direct and they are quite generous in the bust area hth

Latest posts

Back