ADVICE re: WEDDING FAIRS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nothingbutnails

Hi there all. I have been invited to participate in a Wedding Fair for a cost of £100 for a stand. Are these worth doing in terms of new business etc.

Thanks.

SAM
NOTHING BUT NAILS

this is a tricky one :?
i have done this twice b4 in the past with varying degrees of success.
i attended these events primarily because i used 2 offer a home visiting service 4 brides(hair/make-up/nails.)
offering only nail services could go in your favour. check with the organisers that u r the only exhibitor offering nails.
also b v.prepared & take lots of examples of your work on colour pops (which r tips stuck on plastic stix,u can get them from designer nails).
it also pays 2 take a model with you as it looks better if youre doing something interesting :D !
these ventures can go either way :rolleyes: , it really depends on whether the people attracted to the event are possible clients.
if u go, go with a positive attitude, & loads of pricelists!! :flower:

it sounds like a fab idea Sam,
:D i'd go for it!
You could even do demo nails for brides to be :sunny:

Jess
;)

..... at £100 a stand, that's bit steep if you don't get any business or very little from it!!
As Lisa said, something to thing about VERY carefully.... :?

nats said:
..... at £100 a stand, that's bit steep

I wish our stand cost that much at Olympia / ExCeL - you wouldn't believe :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, if you did 4 full sets - you'd make your cost back and if you sold retail - even more! Just think - a whole day - let's say 4 full sets at £40 - that's £160.00, then let's say you sell 10 bottles of Solar Oil (or whatever) - £8.25 a pop (£82.50) and a couple bottle of enamels (£8.50) hmmm now you're rockin' and you'll probably sell more! Well I hope so anyway! :tongue: :thumbsup:

mrs geek said:
I wish our stand cost that much at Olympia / ExCeL - you wouldn't believe :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

.... but YOU KNOW you will sell well!!! ;) ;) :D

nats said:
mrs geek said:

.... but YOU KNOW you will sell well!!! ;) ;) :D

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

i second that mrs geek, think we should all do bridal fairs instead!! ;)

antnbuckley said:
i second that mrs geek, think we should all do bridal fairs instead!! ;)

Hey Antonio - long time no chat - wouldn't that be cool - we'd actually get to have lengthy chats with our lovely clients - it's so hard to do that at our shows!! None of us can complain though :rolleyes: :oops: 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back