Advice really appreciated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salongeek12

Reaction score
Hi,

I have spent some time reading through threads, researching online, contacting course providers and a local college but I am still really unsure of the best route. I would really like to complete a nail technician course with the aim to work for myself but need to fit my training around a full time job which is where I have had difficulty.

I have found a course I like the sound of but it is a short course and I have read that many of you really don't approve of these and for good reason as I know that becoming a nail technician is not to be able to paint a clients nails but to actually be able to perform a work of art really and nails that will last. I do my own, family and friends currently but to actually practice fully I understand that I need to be qualified.

Before I spend my pennies and regret it could someone let me know what they think of the 'Next Step Beauty College'. Have you heard of this and would you rate it. They state that they are BABTAC accredited and I have checked this with BABTAC.

They offer an intensive short course with up to 8 weeks practice time and then a review/assessment day afterwards with a diploma at the end.

It's now or never as I have been thinking and researching this for some time so your thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks

If you want to be a nail tech then one of the most comprehensive courses you can go on is the CND course.

It's quite expensive but you get a lot of kit with it and probably some of the best training you will get anywhere.

The only CND product I myself use is Shellac so I have no vested interest in these people.

I have been on this site for quite some time now and researched and read lots and lots of threads and my conclusion is that CND are extremely professional and totally commited to providing excellent training.

Add to that, these guys have great customer care values and seem to really try and support their community.

They want to educate their pupils to a very high industry standard - and that is what you should be looking for.

Pay cheap and you will almost certainly have to pay again.

Carry out some searches on this site and make your own mind up though, this is just my opinion.

These are the people I would choose to spend my hard-earned money with.

Good luck my lovely.

Jacqui xx

Hi again,

Take a look at a current thread entitled CND Itec - this may help you with your decision.

Jacqui xx

Hi Jacqui,

Thank you for your reply. I will take a look. One question I have though is when a course states that they are accredited by a regulator such as BABTAC or HABIA what exactly does this mean. I assumed rightly or wrongly that with this accreditation the course had therefore been approved and that it would be a worthwhile investment.

I need a course that I can fit around a full time job which is why unfortunately full time college or even part time is out of the question. This left me with evening courses, distance learning or a short course where I can take some leave from work to do it.

I spoke with HABIA and they do not agree with distance learning courses due to a lack of hands on experience which naturally would come with a full time college course and I completely agree so my last option was a short course.

Sorry to waffle, I will let you come back to me if you would like to about this and maybe speak again afterwards.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back