Advice/recommendations please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brown2013

Reaction score
Hi

I qualified in Calgel at the start of the year but now thinking about using a gel polish :) I just wondered what you all would recommend, Ideally I would want something that can be used with tips for extensions and can go under a UV lamp and obviously one with good range of colours too

Thanks!!

Kelly xx

I love using Calgel as it suits clients with different needs, it's great for weak nails as I found gel polish wasn't enough for some clients.. It's also great for extending, I use the IZ gel which is a lot stronger than the natural clear, u can offer so much more with it than just a gel polish..x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app
The Beauty Barn

I think I will still offer the Calgel,I havent tried the IZ gel would you say its better for extensions as i do find my tips can ping off after a week or so sometimes!! *frustrating lol* I just thought perhaps a gel polish would just give clients another option when booking in :) and its something I would like to try also just not sure which would be a good alternative xx

I think I will still offer the Calgel,I havent tried the IZ gel would you say its better for extensions as i do find my tips can ping off after a week or so sometimes!! *frustrating lol* I just thought perhaps a gel polish would just give clients another option when booking in :) and its something I would like to try also just not sure which would be a good alternative xx

Yeah it's a lot better, I try to avoid doing tips anymore as I had the same problem, if I do need to do tips I don't put the clear gel under the tip I just glue straight on the nail then blend really carefully.. I prefer to sculpt, I find these last a lot longer especially with the IZ gel.. Yeah maybe offer both to your clients, can never have enough options to offer.. :) x

The Beauty Barn

Yeah it's a lot better, I try to avoid doing tips anymore as I had the same problem, if I do need to do tips I don't put the clear gel under the tip I just glue straight on the nail then blend really carefully.. I prefer to sculpt, I find these last a lot longer especially with the IZ gel.. Yeah maybe offer both to your clients, can never have enough options to offer.. :) x

The Beauty Barn

yeah i do the same hehe!! my sculpting skills have a lot to be desired haha! i keep trying and they are improving i just find they dip from the nail edge i cant seem to get it smooth off the nail onto the cone safe to say i dont offer this to clients atm lol i think ill deffo try the IZ gel then! worth a try xx

yeah i do the same hehe!! my sculpting skills have a lot to be desired haha! i keep trying and they are improving i just find they dip from the nail edge i cant seem to get it smooth off the nail onto the cone safe to say i dont offer this to clients atm lol i think ill deffo try the IZ gel then! worth a try xx

It's lots of practice, it took me a while to do them, I gave up and tried acrylics for my extensions but I've gone back to gel, much prefer it.. Also I found the Calgel forms are a bit flimsy so I bought some tougher ones, that helped.. Try doing it a bit thicker on the edge of the nail and then do the 'sausage' technique from the free edge to the middle of the nail plate, that will also build up your stress area..x

The Beauty Barn

It's lots of practice, it took me a while to do them, I gave up and tried acrylics for my extensions but I've gone back to gel, much prefer it.. Also I found the Calgel forms are a bit flimsy so I bought some tougher ones, that helped.. Try doing it a bit thicker on the edge of the nail and then do the 'sausage' technique from the free edge to the middle of the nail plate, that will also build up your stress area..x

The Beauty Barn

oooh thanks ill try that :)

Latest posts

Back