Advice wanted on toning a full head bleach with 9.16 KP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail Cook

Reaction score
I’ve had a new client who previously had a full head bleach and toned with 9.16 apparently, her roots where a good three inches so I applied bleach half way down the root to previous bleach then went back through on the roots to achieve even lift, i toned with 10.0 + 10.8 + 6% and it’s not made much difference, will the 9.16 donthe trick and knock the gold out? I only found out afterwards the previous hairdresser used 9.16, just wanted reassurance before I go ahead and use it? Just a thought but would I need to re bleach to knock more gold out 1st? Would rather not do I cam keep the condition good but if it’s necessary then so be it ?
Thanks

You aren't going to neutralize the gold with 8. You need 6 or violet tone for that.

That’s what I was thinking , I’m just in a quandary what to do as this is what she had previously and liked it!

Try illumina 9.60 x

It will. You also have to watch it. I alway mix illumina 9/69 with 9/0. That may not be necessary if there is a strong yellow tone. Mix 1:2 with pastel.

It's a violet tone and very strong so great for yellow tones. If it's orange tones you'll need ash but in that case I may need to lift a little more if Your wanting clean blonde then use 9.60 after ... it can grab very quickly on blonde so be sure not to get it on the previous blonde that may be cleaner or bring it down for the last minute or so for an even tone.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513110557.099230.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513110591.133791.jpg
. I had a colour correction and had the same issue but this is 9.60 on as a toner. Could have been left on longer to tone a little more but started to grab on very porous parts x

Latest posts

Back