advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which gel system do you use

• Bio sulpture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Calgel

• Faze gel

• alessandro

• ibd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A true gel that would soak off easily would be a great advantage, problem is that gels that soak off are not as strong as the ones that do not!!

I use Faze Gel. It is very clear, does not yellow, has very LOW heat, and is strong. It works better over a tip (as do most gels) than as an overlay for natural nails. Most gels tend to chip at the free edge (when used as a natural nail overlay) much more easily than other types of enhancements.

Faze is also a very reasonable price and a simple to use one component gel. We use it here in Spain allot as there are many German clients who are used to having gel applied to their nails. They are all very happy with the system.

I suggest you try it. One full set will pay you back for the purchase.

Jinxx

Reaction score
:D Hiya all, just wanting some advice really, I currently do L&p (CND) but have been thinking about offering gel as well for a while now (seem to get asked about it more & more! ) but there are so many! I had no problem choosing Creative for L&P (love it) but what about the faze gel? has anyone used it what did you think? also saw Calgel demo at gmex that looked pretty good??? but what about bio sculpture? The salon where i work used to do alessandro gel but i got the feeling that didnt go down to well but whether that was due to the tech or product i dont know. Anyone got any ideas please.

Thanks, Kelly. :D :D :D

Ps a soakoff would be an advantage!!!

I love my Bio Gel. It doesn’t discolour, doesn’t lift and best of all I don’t have to use any glue or resin to stick plastic tips on as I sculpt my own – which my clients love.

After an initial glitch with soaking off I’ve solved the problem by introducing more heat to the fingertips during soak off.

I’ve tried other gels but find this works best for me, and more importantly, my clients.

It's certainly not the cheapest of gels on the market but as with anything in life, you get what you pay for.

Hello there Geek

I have recently done the Faze Gel course,could you pls do me a big favor and do one of your excellent step by steps for a rebalance/infill using the Faze gel.

I did my friends last night and I don't think I filed the old gel overlay down far enough as I could see the old through the new Gel when I had finished, I'm very upset pls help,sorry to sound very silly but still a newy what is the difference between a infill/rebalance?

Could you also if you have time do a step by step for L&P rebalance,very grateful

many thanx

Charmaine
xxxxxxxxxx

geeg said:
A true gel that would soak off easily would be a great advantage, problem is that gels that soak off are not as strong as the ones that do not!!

I use Faze Gel. It is very clear, does not yellow, has very LOW heat, and is strong. It works better over a tip (as do most gels) than as an overlay for natural nails. Most gels tend to chip at the free edge (when used as a natural nail overlay) much more easily than other types of enhancements.

Faze is also a very reasonable price and a simple to use one component gel. We use it here in Spain allot as there are many German clients who are used to having gel applied to their nails. They are all very happy with the system.

I suggest you try it. One full set will pay you back for the purchase.

I am in the same position as you. I was going to try the Faze Gel but then found out the CND is launching a new Gel (at the end of this month I think) so I am going to hold out for that.

Thanks for the kind words about my tutorials... but they take a heck of a lot of time to do.
I used to do them with a video camera, and use stills from the video, but the quality is crap. I am avoiding putting up anymore until I can get good quality pics which require a professional photographer (like the ones that are already up).
Next opportunity we have I will try to do rebalancing and a gel application but I cant promise anything until I can deliver ;)

A difference now a days between a fill and rebalance are mostly semantics. I think that in this situation, you were covering an old gel that either had discoloured, or had stronger pigmentation than Faze. As you stated, thinning down the enhancement before hand would help.

Hiya Kelly,

I bought the Young Nails sample kit at the NEC which I really like!! I also bought NSI Balance which is quite nice too. Previously I have used Star Nails, Light Elegance & Akzentz. I am going to try Brisa at Olympia too & wouldn't mind trying Faze!!

I think I have a "gel trial kit addiction"!! He he!!

Good luck Hun x

Hiya

I use biosculpture and LCN, very pleased with both. Use LCN for sculpting and bio for natural overlays and tootsies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back